BA-BF -FG Falcon ECU Bench testing harness

Ford information and tools can be found here
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Re: BA-BF -FG Falcon ECU Bench testing harness

Post by rolls »

dynotech wrote:
VX L67 Getrag wrote:I've had a similar problem before with my HPT cable & found it was due to a electrical component blown inside the HPT case & never found out why but 99% sure it was because I had original bench wiring wrong when I tested once or just too much power from power supply when originally connecting(ign on/off sequence).
I have looked at the HP tuner cable and all is fine, I have tried a new SCT handheld and this also can not detect protocal

So I think we have 1 of the following
1. faulty ecu
2. locked ecu
3. operator error ( i have checked my pin connections so many times and the diagram in the 1st post, so dont think this is the issue)

Thoughts?
Without having your loom in front of us it is pretty hard to give suggestions. I would do all the normal things like end to end checks, put the CAN bus signals on a scope. Try a known working ECU etc.
dynotech
cars: BA XR6 turbo

Post by dynotech »

Solved

Tried another PCM, read 1st time

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, great bunch of people here!
Prince
cars: BA falcon

Post by Prince »

On the OBD2 plug. Is pin 16 constant 12V or is it switched 12V. So when you switch the ecu off then back on again as a part of the process of flashing-does the voltage to OBD required to be switched off aswell ? Or on all the time during a flash?
holden08

Post by holden08 »

Can someone help me my friend did a bf 6 speed manual conversion the car was 6 speed auto where does the start signal come from can’t find anything in diagrams
holden08

Post by holden08 »

Looks like B04 but it doesn’t match for 6 speed auto
Attachments
34950903-09CB-4C92-BAB1-17D63F8D719A.png
rolls

Post by rolls »

Just transplant the whole loom. Be much easier. You'll be missing half the loom connections.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

Sorry to convert to a 6 speed manual do you mean the whole engine loom and dash loom the 6 speed manual loom doesn’t match up with the dash harness
rolls

Post by rolls »

holden08 wrote:Sorry to convert to a 6 speed manual do you mean the whole engine loom and dash loom the 6 speed manual loom doesn’t match up with the dash harness
I think most the guys just swap the whole lot. I've not personally done it but the last workshop I spoke to having problems converting to manual told me it only took them 2 hours to pull the whole thing and install it from a half cut. If you are paying by the hour these headaches quickly make it cheaper to do so, you could burn a whole days labour trying to patch a loom only to end up swapping the whole thing in the end.

You could make it work but I don't think anyone on here will have the answers for you. I guess it depends how valuable your time is.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

Got it working just pulled the auto wiring out for zf6 speed and looped the can bus
holden08

Post by holden08 »