rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Re: BA-BF -FG Falcon ECU Bench testing harness

Post by rolls »

I've got mine working if you need any tips
peter351

Post by peter351 »

Thank you for your reply , need a few bench harnesses done. Also need a full operating harnesses, just remove a complete harness out of BF to make a complete operating harness for my engine dynamometer room. Wiring diagrams are rare to find on the net, so order a paper issue manual and of ebay a CD version of the ford nanual the seller assures me 100 plus pages of wiring information. Rolls I have read all your posts/threads on ford application. Cheers
rolls

Post by rolls »

I've got all the ford workshop manuals. I'll zip them up for you if you want. Have everything that the mechanics have.
80gus

Post by 80gus »

peter351 wrote:
Hi 80gus , how did you bench harness come along ? Any updates.
Yeah mate works great, ive used it heaps, also have it working wit hxf6 transmissions now
peter351

Post by peter351 »

rolls wrote:I've got all the ford workshop manuals. I'll zip them up for you if you want. Have everything that the mechanics have.

Hi Rolls, i don't want to tie up any of you time up and thank you for the offer to assist. I will wait and see what's on the factory workshop CD manual. Cheers
dynotech
cars: BA XR6 turbo

Post by dynotech »

80gus wrote:So i know this forum is more for the Delco stuff but thought id share, I've started to play with the BA-BF-FG Ecu's I have made myself a bench testing unit, and have tested reading with HP Tuners. I found it hard to find the wiring diagrams/ pinouts ect, so I've made up a simple drawing to share with others that would like to bench test Write/ read these ecus.
From what I've found after reading a number of ecu's some of the BA Ecu's have no identifying number VIN or serial and to do anything to these with HP you have to manually type the vin. and BF -FG have no Serial number just a vin
BA take about 5 mins to read/write, BF 3 mins, and FG about 2mins.

Please Note Corrected drawing.
Updated due to photo-bucket
Hi 80gus

Is this diagram looking at the PCM or the pin side of the wiring harness?

I have tried wiring my BA XR6 turbo PCM as suggested (looking at diagram as the PCM side) and i get "cant detect protocol" with HP tuners
Im, doing a conversion and dont have the car, so bench tune is my only option

Any help is appreciated
80gus

Post by 80gus »

dynotech wrote:
80gus wrote:So i know this forum is more for the Delco stuff but thought id share, I've started to play with the BA-BF-FG Ecu's I have made myself a bench testing unit, and have tested reading with HP Tuners. I found it hard to find the wiring diagrams/ pinouts ect, so I've made up a simple drawing to share with others that would like to bench test Write/ read these ecus.
From what I've found after reading a number of ecu's some of the BA Ecu's have no identifying number VIN or serial and to do anything to these with HP you have to manually type the vin. and BF -FG have no Serial number just a vin
BA take about 5 mins to read/write, BF 3 mins, and FG about 2mins.

Please Note Corrected drawing.
Updated due to photo-bucket
Hi 80gus

Is this diagram looking at the PCM or the pin side of the wiring harness?

I have tried wiring my BA XR6 turbo PCM as suggested (looking at diagram as the PCM side) and i get "cant detect protocol" with HP tuners
Im, doing a conversion and dont have the car, so bench tune is my only option

Any help is appreciated
if you look really closely at the plugs they will habe numbers on them.
rolls

Post by rolls »

Yep take a close up photo with your phone and you will see the pin numbers on the plug. Once you have it working depin all the wires you don't need and it will neaten it up a fair bit.
dynotech
cars: BA XR6 turbo

Post by dynotech »

rolls wrote:Yep take a close up photo with your phone and you will see the pin numbers on the plug. Once you have it working depin all the wires you don't need and it will neaten it up a fair bit.
Thanks guys, i am making a loom so dont have the factory plug

But I assume you are both looking at the PCM header plug (which I can see is numbered)

Any tricks to get it to read on the bench? Not having much luck
rolls

Post by rolls »

dynotech wrote:
rolls wrote:Yep take a close up photo with your phone and you will see the pin numbers on the plug. Once you have it working depin all the wires you don't need and it will neaten it up a fair bit.
Thanks guys, i am making a loom so dont have the factory plug

But I assume you are both looking at the PCM header plug (which I can see is numbered)

Any tricks to get it to read on the bench? Not having much luck
How are you attaching to the PCM if you don't have a plug? Alligator clips?

All of the pins I've got wires to are required to read/write the device. See the photo vs the pinout, its a mirror image. You need an ignition switch as well feeding power to 38C/361B,361C,1838C as you need to toggle this when flashing.