Ford BA BF New Fobs - Super duper easy!

Ford information and tools can be found here
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Ford BA BF New Fobs - Super duper easy!

Post by Tazzi »

Had my own experience with replacing and adding FOBs today.. surprisingly it couldn't be easier. :thumbup:
I was expecting to lock myself out of the car today.. but.. it went smoothly.. even after purposely trying to disable everything afterwards.

So the steps are (Read through them before attempting as they are time based!):
1) Close Drivers door. Within 10seconds of closing door, place key into ignition and turn to accessories (First click, radio will turn on)
2) Within 3seconds of turning the key, press the rear demister button three times. This will cause the door locks to cycle meaning learning mode has initiated (Previously learnt FOBs have now been wiped from memory)
3) Press any button on one of the FOBs, this will cause the door locks to cycle indicating the FOB has been learnt. Repeat step 3 for any remaining FOBs.
4) Key out, jump out the car, test if locks/unlocks with all FOBs

How stupid easy is that?!?! :lol:
Im sure this is written in the owners handbook, although I don't have one of those!

The china instructions I received with my Ebay FOBs weren't very clear.. infact.. it sounds like once the learning is initiated, it must be completed correctly or the car will be permanently locked out. :shock:
So.. to put it to the test, I got to step 3, let the doors cycle.. then took key out. All FOBs were deleted after entering learning mode so none of them worked.
Simply repeated the process and FOBs were linked again (within about 20seconds!).

I think most people are hesitant to do this thinking they will permanently disable or lock themselves out. I was most definitely in that boat, after delinking all fobs :lol: But the whole process has been made to be idiot proof!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Ford BA BF New Fobs - Super duper easy!

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

FAR OUT... you've just cost us mechanics millions to relearn fob's LMAO nah it is that easy it's just a matter of finding descent 1's that the pads don't lift like the original 1's Found On Rubbish Dumps...LOL
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I was worried about getting some flimsy remote with crappy buttons, but seems to be sweet!

Plus its good knowledge to have as well if buying a BA or BF. Should perform the relearn when buying one of those models.. so any old FOBs get deleted :)
The1

Post by The1 »

Even funnier, when using the scantool on BA's checking for BCM fault codes beeps the horn!
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:Even funnier, when using the scantool on BA's checking for BCM fault codes beeps the horn!
No... surely not :lol:

Im gonna have to try that out :thumbup:
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

The1 wrote:Even funnier, when using the scantool on BA's checking for BCM fault codes beeps the horn!
I think that's because it performs a self test procedure when you check them.
Same as when you check pcm codes on most fords with engine off, it runs a "key on engine off" self test and brings the cooling fan on briefly
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
The1

Post by The1 »

Sounds likely
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've seen similar on my holden cruze, all sorts of lights flash on the dash and fans briefly go etc.