BA BF PATS Disable

Ford information and tools can be found here
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: BA BF PATS Disable

Post by MAGP »

When I worked at the local Ford dealer a few years back we often had to get radios working again. The customer would have "lost" the card with the radio code which meant we had to pull the radio out find the details that are located on a sticker on the radio, get the VIN number, and the warranty control person put the info into the Ford service program (I think only dealers can access it) to retrieve the code. It took more than a day to get the code back sometimes. It's a mongrel system.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

MAGP wrote:When I worked at the local Ford dealer a few years back we often had to get radios working again. The customer would have "lost" the card with the radio code which meant we had to pull the radio out find the details that are located on a sticker on the radio, get the VIN number, and the warranty control person put the info into the Ford service program (I think only dealers can access it) to retrieve the code. It took more than a day to get the code back sometimes. It's a mongrel system.
There are unofficial in/out code generators that you can use. Forscan has their own copy of the cracked algorithm so you don't need that sticker I'm fairly sure.

Give it a crack, the software is free and works with cheap ebay ELM327 cables.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

I just saw your previous post. If FORscan can do it that's good and saves the hassle of using a dealer who will charge like a wounded bull.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Thanks for the help.
I'll look into FORscan, sounds like it could be quite useful. Have heard about it before but never used it.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Although the software is free I think they charge licensing for certain features like security/link info but have never tested that part of it but the logging stuff works well with elm cable on a mazda tribute/ford escape just for quick testing.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

It looked like they offer the extended registration for free last I looked. You just send to post on the beta thread.
Kalash02
cars: Audi A3

Post by Kalash02 »

pman92 wrote:Hey guys,
Just wondering if there is someone I can send a BA 6CYL PCM to who will disable PATS and send it back?

Have a vehicle at work with something wrong with the key or meilleur taux BEM, and considering the age of the vehicle it may be more cost effective to disable PATS than to fix it.

What would someone charge?
What would be the turn around time?

Thanks in advance
I've just send you a pm :)