Ford IDS Compatible j2534 VCM/VCI Pass-thru Other than VCMII

Ford information and tools can be found here
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: Ford IDS Compatible j2534 VCM/VCI Pass-thru Other than V

Post by Tazzi »

abs351 wrote:Thanks mate, that's me in a nutshell..I go all in on everything and anything I do in life.
Hence I stay away from gambling either I would be a rich man or broke...
So I attempted again to flash the PCM with IDS and openport as I have a work around to revive the unit.
Has anyone successfully got it to work and using the shim32.dll
You need to make sure your moving the correct DLL's for IDS to succesfully pick up another cable.

Newer versions of IDS blacklist certain serial numbers (LIke clone VCM or MDI's). But after moving all required DLLs, IDS will recognise the cable and connect.

When a device is blacklisted, it will still display and connect to the scantool, but it wont actually communicate with the car. You can tell the difference since the J tool will actually 'click' as it engages relays to begin communicating with the vehicle on CANBus. Well.. this is based on if using a GM MDI, but on newer versions which have the serial blacklisted, it doesnt engage the relays to communicate with the car and thus simply says 'no communication with vehicle'.

Do note that the non-genuine VX nanos will have serious problems, and are not all made equally. Good nanos work fine. I develop with them and use them to flash vehicles with my own custom software all the time.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

I think I tested a few other apps with it but never ids itself.

I had a few operations fail with the open port (parameter reset) so it could be an ids/openport issue rather than the dll
abs351
cars: Too many

Post by abs351 »

Thanks Tazzi, I replaced the DLL as per location suggested by Rolls. Ran IDS , popup menu appears to select which J cable and then ids detects the car. I am able to perform all functions with ids expect PCM flashing, it gets halfway and fails with suggested error code from prior post.

I would be fair to say it's somewhat working and detects the car
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

abs351 wrote:Thanks Tazzi, I replaced the DLL as per location suggested by Rolls. Ran IDS , popup menu appears to select which J cable and then ids detects the car. I am able to perform all functions with ids expect PCM flashing, it gets halfway and fails with suggested error code from prior post.

I would be fair to say it's somewhat working and detects the car
Yeah thats definitely working.

If I had to guess.. IDS must use some sort of J-command which isn't supported by your device. I think thats why alot of forums indicate alot of the non-genuine tools, or other branded tools fail during reflash with IDS.

Would have thought an MDI would be fine... its so far the powerhouse of all J tools Iv come acorss :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726