AU falcon read/write

Ford information and tools can be found here
80gus

AU falcon read/write

Post by 80gus »

Looking at helping a guy out with security removal on a AU falcon ecu, I know SCT support read write in the car. Is there any other methods / software / hardware available that others may know of that allow read write into bin file? I’ve done a bit of google searching with little to no leads.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: AU falcon read/write

Post by antus »

Try this thread. Its the development thread, so you might just want to this the pcmtec site from the first post.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4940
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
80gus

Post by 80gus »

Thanks Anths, rolls and the guys at PCMtech at this stage only support BA onwards, AU is something that’s probably not ever going to get developed due to the increasing popularity with the barra motor, and how cheap they are.
AU is way past it’s used by date.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I've done a few read/write with EECV in question over the OBD with Kess tool!

It's then just a matter of knowing what each bank is & they way they get laid out!
80gus

Post by 80gus »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Yeah I've done a few read/write with EECV in question over the OBD with Kess tool!

It's then just a matter of knowing what each bank is & they way they get laid out!
Thanks i just had a bit of a look at some bins i found on the net, i think i see what you mean by banks, they look nothing like the Ba onwards, and almost appears to have no vin section, just a serial (unless the ones i got had that removed already)
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Binary editor is probably your best bet. They have this early stuff nailed down pretty well from what I've read.