Ford information and tools can be found here
jeeptrackhawk18
cars: 2018 ZL1
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
2001 Ferrari 360 spider
2001 Trans Am 900hp

Ford Bench ECM Programming

Post by jeeptrackhawk18 »

I see people on ebay and such who sell pre programmed ford engine computers. I was wondering how they do that. Is there certain hardware and/or software I need? I find it very interesting. If you know something please share! :punk:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Ford Bench ECM Programming

Post by antus »

There is lots of software. Pcmtec, HPTuners, FGTech, etc... I dont mean to sound rude, but have you tried searching? What software often depends what your trying to do and to what year/model/pcm. So you need to nail down what your trying to do first. The tools available are not identical and have different features/vehicle support.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jeeptrackhawk18
cars: 2018 ZL1
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
2001 Ferrari 360 spider
2001 Trans Am 900hp

Post by jeeptrackhawk18 »

antus wrote:There is lots of software. Pcmtec, HPTuners, FGTech, etc... I dont mean to sound rude, but have you tried searching? What software often depends what your trying to do and to what year/model/pcm. So you need to nail down what your trying to do first. The tools available are not identical and have different features/vehicle support.
I am interested in selling like they do. So I would need whatever software/hardware has the most capabilities and can give me the base tunes. Something equivalent to tis2000 maybe. Is there an old dealer software that I could get my hands on. Ive been told there is an old dealer tool that I can get. I just don't know what it is and could find it with the amount of searching I was doing.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think you have a lot to learn. You'll most likely need many pieces of software to cover 'everything'. Pick one task and one model and start your research there. Equivalent of tis is ids but i dont think it'll do what tou want. Read the websites of the software i mentioned and start taking notes about what they can do and models covered. You'll have decisions to make and balance out.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
80gus

Post by 80gus »

Most the information your chasing is out there just takes aloyt of searching, most are reluctant to just give away what they have learnt because they have invested time and money to learn what to do. The rest you'll have to learn from trial an error, not a quick task.
maybe a tununig forum maybe better suited for what your trying to do, this forum is more based for hacking (DIY) creating your own definitions, programs ect

If you want to do the ford stuff maybe purchase yourself PCMtech it has a great entry level price, and a gregorys manual they have good wiring diagrams and go from there.
Be mindful Most if not all tuning software does not give tuning advice, there's a lot of issues that can create legally ect.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

What you are asking takes people years to learn all the tricks to the trade. Start by building a bench harness and buying some tuning software, then read forums, forums and more forums. Once you've run out of reading material start swapping modules in a bench harness or test vehicle and figure out how to make it run.

There is a huge amount to learn and it is not something you'll do in any less than 12 months.