Looking for some information about fords.

Ford information and tools can be found here
cptnstababitch
cars: mustang and a jeep

Looking for some information about fords.

Post by cptnstababitch »

Hey guys! I purchased HP tuners a while back and have been using it. It's been great, but I cannot do 96-04 fords. I have been looking for a solution to give me the ability to flash those as well. I live in a very small town and area, and not many people have the ability to flash without driving 2+ hours. Since I got HP tuners and got the word around, I have tuned several.

A lot of times I'm asked if I can delete PATS out on an older ford, or delete some codes just simple things and they aren't wanting a full tune. I remember going to a dyno shop a few years ago when I had a 2002 mustang gt and he used nothing more than what looked like a binary editor (perhaps tunerpro) and an OBDii cable which I am assuming was a MongoosePro.

I have been doing some research, and came across tunerpro, as well as core tuning and some other out there. TunerPro is open source and intrigues me. Perhaps I can't use this at all, but it would be nice. I found the templates and stuff for 99-04 mustangs, but I am not seeing any info on how to read/write the BIN.

I have a vcmii clone, gds clone, and a hp tuners interface. From what I understand, Mongoose is just a J2534 module, so is it possible to use my current VCMII somehow in order to read/write BINS on 96-04 fords and use tunerpro to edit?

I have tried searching, but I am struggling to find the information that I am looking for, so I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this subject!

Happy Holidays!
Gareth

Re: Looking for some information about fords.

Post by Gareth »

You’ll need one of these from here - http://www.moates.net/jaybird-j3-module ... l?cPath=94

Along with the J3 and tuner pro with appropriate definitions to make changes
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
cptnstababitch

Post by cptnstababitch »

I'm a little confused by this.

If the Jaybird is used, you still have to have a F3 chip, and that is used to burn into the chip, and install into the ECM correct?

Why is this needed, when something like an SCT handheld tuner can flash it through the OBDII port with nothing else needed on say a 2002 mustang GT, or even a 1996 Mustang GT?

How did the Dyno shop do it with nothing more than an OBDII cable and a laptop without taking the ECU out of the car?

But, that was extremely helpful! I'm just asking and gathering info before I jump in and buy them!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

For the eec-v you can use the kess tool to read & write & there are plenty of xdf’s to use to tune most definitions with tuner pro!
cptnstababitch

Post by cptnstababitch »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:For the eec-v you can use the kess tool to read & write & there are plenty of xdf’s to use to tune most definitions with tuner pro!

Suhweet!!

Thanks dude! That’s exactly what I was after! I just bought a “clone” off amazon with no tokens online version. I’ll give it a try and see. Apparantly it comes with ecu titanium. Not sure if you can do things like removing pats but if not then I should be able to figure out tunerpro and edit that file.
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

Im stuck with my Linc Navigator "03(04)
Can't find any xdf or software to tune the file.