Repacking bin to .PHF

Ford information and tools can be found here
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby PSM 64 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:06 am

Anyone know how to repack a bin that was originally extracted from a .phf file and modified transferring over the header? WinOLS doesn't have an option to repack like it does for newer .vbfs.

Thanks !

Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Did you want to attach the file & I’ll see what I can find!

Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby PSM 64 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:41 pm

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Did you want to attach the file & I’ll see what I can find!


Example .PHF and exported bin attached
Attachments
8U7A-14C204-CK.bin
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
8U7A-14C204-CK.zip
(877.9 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:28 pm

Sorry just got to this, some others have downloaded them so others must be interested.

What year model & setup vehicle is it for & what did you want to know, I think what changes have been made in the bin file over the stock phf file?

Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby PSM 64 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:12 pm

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Sorry just got to this, some others have downloaded them so others must be interested.

What year model & setup vehicle is it for & what did you want to know, I think what changes have been made in the bin file over the stock phf file?



Its a stock .PHF file for an example exported to bin, PCM is SID902 its a green oak 2048K 08-10 6.4L TD US.

Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 pm

so if you know it's a stock bin that was exported from that phf.... what exactly do you want to know???

PHF is ford calibrators format to make it more confusing, the .bin is what is seen on the eeprom in the controller to run the vehicle which is what all not encrypted software versions read it as.

Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby PSM 64 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:18 pm

VX L67 Getrag wrote:so if you know it's a stock bin that was exported from that phf.... what exactly do you want to know???

PHF is ford calibrators format to make it more confusing, the .bin is what is seen on the eeprom in the controller to run the vehicle which is what all not encrypted software versions read it as.



I'm trying to repack to the .bin --> back to PHF see if its possible to flash modified files (repacked .PHF) files with IDS.

IDS doesn't accept anything else other than .PHF with this PCM.

Those where just an example set of files to see if anyone know a way to repack it. (BIN --> .PHF)

Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:35 am

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Postby Whiteford » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:36 am

PSM 64, Post the file you want converted and I will do it for you

Return to Ford ECUs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest