Repacking bin to .PHF

Ford information and tools can be found here
PSM 64

Repacking bin to .PHF

Post by PSM 64 »

Anyone know how to repack a bin that was originally extracted from a .phf file and modified transferring over the header? WinOLS doesn't have an option to repack like it does for newer .vbfs.

Thanks !
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Repacking bin to .PHF

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Did you want to attach the file & I’ll see what I can find!
PSM 64

Post by PSM 64 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Did you want to attach the file & I’ll see what I can find!
Example .PHF and exported bin attached
Attachments
8U7A-14C204-CK.bin
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 313 times
8U7A-14C204-CK.zip
(877.9 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry just got to this, some others have downloaded them so others must be interested.

What year model & setup vehicle is it for & what did you want to know, I think what changes have been made in the bin file over the stock phf file?
PSM 64

Post by PSM 64 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Sorry just got to this, some others have downloaded them so others must be interested.

What year model & setup vehicle is it for & what did you want to know, I think what changes have been made in the bin file over the stock phf file?

Its a stock .PHF file for an example exported to bin, PCM is SID902 its a green oak 2048K 08-10 6.4L TD US.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

so if you know it's a stock bin that was exported from that phf.... what exactly do you want to know???

PHF is ford calibrators format to make it more confusing, the .bin is what is seen on the eeprom in the controller to run the vehicle which is what all not encrypted software versions read it as.
PSM 64

Post by PSM 64 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:so if you know it's a stock bin that was exported from that phf.... what exactly do you want to know???

PHF is ford calibrators format to make it more confusing, the .bin is what is seen on the eeprom in the controller to run the vehicle which is what all not encrypted software versions read it as.

I'm trying to repack to the .bin --> back to PHF see if its possible to flash modified files (repacked .PHF) files with IDS.

IDS doesn't accept anything else other than .PHF with this PCM.

Those where just an example set of files to see if anyone know a way to repack it. (BIN --> .PHF)
Whiteford
cars: Ford Falcon

Post by Whiteford »

PSM 64, Post the file you want converted and I will do it for you