2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change

Ford information and tools can be found here
JCW
cars: 1998 GMC Sierra 5.7l
2014 Ford F-250 6.7l super-duty
2017 BMW 340i - 6 cylinder turbo

2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change

Post by JCW »

Help please anyone ! I’m trying to get my Dads truck fixed - 2008 Ford F-250 6.4L - started giving no start/no crank every once in a while .. the truck has had the EGR removed and it came with SCT tuner .. I removed the SCT tuner because I figured that was the problem.. installed H&S .. still had to clear codes to get it to start sometimes .. then now it doesn’t shift right doesn’t want to come out of second gear .. so I thought maybe the problem was the PCM going bad.. I ordered a PCM and thought it was coming with the vin already flashed but it didn’t so I need some help if anyone knows what needs to be done.. I read something about the PATS reset, so with the new PCM it will not crank or start .. and the security light is on.. and I only have one key for this truck ! So if anyone can point me In the right direction I’d certainly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!
JCW
cars: 1998 GMC Sierra 5.7l
2014 Ford F-250 6.7l super-duty
2017 BMW 340i - 6 cylinder turbo

Re: 2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change

Post by JCW »

Damn a lot of views but not help!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I've read around so long as that model is supported you may be able to use ForScan to link & they have a free trial period I believe.
PSM 64

Post by PSM 64 »

JCW wrote:Help please anyone ! I’m trying to get my Dads truck fixed - 2008 Ford F-250 6.4L - started giving no start/no crank every once in a while .. the truck has had the EGR removed and it came with SCT tuner .. I removed the SCT tuner because I figured that was the problem.. installed H&S .. still had to clear codes to get it to start sometimes .. then now it doesn’t shift right doesn’t want to come out of second gear .. so I thought maybe the problem was the PCM going bad.. I ordered a PCM and thought it was coming with the vin already flashed but it didn’t so I need some help if anyone knows what needs to be done.. I read something about the PATS reset, so with the new PCM it will not crank or start .. and the security light is on.. and I only have one key for this truck ! So if anyone can point me In the right direction I’d certainly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!

You'll need a tool that can input vin, as-built and do pats reset.

If you have any J2534 interface you can purchase a subscription to fords FJDS and flash the PCM with as-built info and input vin, tire size, axle ratio etc.
Pretty01

Post by Pretty01 »

JCW wrote:Help please anyone ! I’m trying to get my Dads truck fixed - 2008 Ford F-250 6.4L - started giving no start/no crank every once in a while .. the truck has had the EGR removed and it came with SCT tuner .. I removed the SCT tuner because I figured that was the problem.. installed H&S .. still had to clear codes to get it to start sometimes ..shuttle Paris then now it doesn’t shift right doesn’t want to come out of second gear .. so I thought maybe the problem was the PCM going bad.. I ordered a PCM and thought it was coming with the vin already flashed but it didn’t so I need some help if anyone knows what needs to be done.. I read something about the PATS reset, so with the new PCM it will not crank or start .. and the security light is on.. and I only have one key for this truck ! So if anyone can point me In the right direction I’d certainly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!
This is a common problem with Ford F-250s