ECCV 224k to 256k

Ford information and tools can be found here
darkstar2002
cars: 1997 mustang

ECCV 224k to 256k

Post by darkstar2002 »

Does anybody have a program that will convert between these? Using a kess tool to read a 97 mustang and I get a 224k file that will not open right with any defs in tunnerpro.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: ECCV 224k to 256k

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I looked into it ages ago & figured it out, but it gets confusing pretty quick as there is 4 banks & each different software out there all read them different… so it’s really just a matter of finding the 56K calibration section.
mechanicalmatch

Post by mechanicalmatch »

Check out Decipha's write up about how to do it manually with a hex editor.
http://www.efidynotuning.com/dis.htm#pcmflash_bin

If you want to do it automatically, check out https://www.customecm.com/custom-software. Scroll to bottom of page for the eec v tool. It is $40 USD. You will gladly pay after doing a couple bins manually with a hex editor. James is top notch. I have nothing but good things to say about his customer service and the software he writes, and information he has posted on his website.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I bought the customecm software last night and it worked perfectly. I had a ford truck that the pcm died, couldn't even read through the OBD2 port nor on the bench. I used my moates stuff and pulled the 256k file through the J3 port and used the customecm to convert to KESS format and all was well. I programmed with KESS to a "new/used" EEC-V and re-read through the J3 and it matched perfectly. The KESS read wasn't accurate, fyi.

All in all, I was trying to avoid towing it to the dealer to do a stock re-write and re-learn of the PATS. The PATS was in the stock file I read and once "cloned", all was fine.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

NICE WORK!
mechanicalmatch

In-tech,
Glad you got it done. The tool is worth the money.
Just curious, what was the vehicle and what PCM hardware code? Do you know why it failed? Just making mental notes on failures.
I have never used kess, but have had good luck with PCMflash with either a vcm3 or vcm2 and have had accurate reads and writes every time, both on the bench or in vehicle.
I haven't had a dead eec to deal with so I probably would have had the same results.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
What is PCMflash? sounds familiar, is that the Russian stuff? If so, I was going to buy that during Covid and the dongle coudn't leave the country :rant: I have a ton of equipment laying around cuz I am a tool junkie :silent:

Shoot, I was just hoping the read off the J3 port was good and turned out it was, I didn't pay any further attention to the file. I got called in to my buds transmission shop to put a stock program in the new/used PCM/EECV and then do a PATS relearn. I couldn't pull the stock file through the obd2 port so the rest was all bench work.

The stock computer would still run but the transmission pressure control solenoid was slamming the trans functions. I rarely do any Ford stuff and another bud that works at the Ford dealership said he would do it for free but I would have to tow it there and he's an hour away. It all worked out great. I started to do the mods in Hex but that $40 software from customecm.com was quick and easy and I know I will need it again sometime. Thanks, guys, for the link :thumbup:
-Carl

I think it was a 2002 F150 truck
Roger_Stock.bin
(256 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by In-Tech on Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mechanicalmatch

Yea PCM flash is from Russia. https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/pcmflash/

When you order one, they ship guardant dongle that is the key and then you have to buy the "module" for whatever you are working with. In this case the eec v module is module 29.
Decipha at http://www.efidynotuning.com/ turned me on to it.
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

I started a webpage project to do just this. Here's my thread on the subject.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342#p124193

I'm pretty sure this thread came up on google before while searching for this myself, so wanted to help those from the search result side of things.
Ford EEC-V Bin Converter (bank swapping and padding): viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342
mechanicalmatch

Good job DWS

Thank you for putting in the effort