IPC Hammer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.

Re: IPC Hammer

Postby kur4o » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:52 am

Finally success, that code is LSB, I wonder why I didn`t notice it so far.
bbmike, thanks for cooperation.

In the dump I have the cal area have correct checksum, but when I try to test the OS it always fails for some reason. Could it be a bad dump or some data missing. Found some update files for the ipc and the checksum are all correct there.

The only way to check is to flash update files and than make a dump.

Someone with ipc laying around want to make some dumps for testing?

Postby kur4o » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:42 am

Did some new full dump and at some point ipc was too slow to repsond and some messages were skipped in the log.

New log is a little better and have full dump, now checksum matches perfect.

Here is log +bin for analysis.

Also here is a script for dumping bin to log. It is set to read 0-30000, it will take roughly a 45 minutes with mdi in car, on bench it might be faster. Set with algo 12.
Attachments
M23_read_ipc_test1.txt
(319 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times
IPC_dump_log+bin.rar
(794.05 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Postby bbmike » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:58 pm

Nice to see you got it to read out correctly. I had to go back and learn to calculate the checksums again. I'm starting to get interested in messing with the clusters and updating IPChammer again. Thanks for the script to read the clusters. Do you have any info on how to write the scripts? like what all the different numbers mean? I have a few different modules that would be nice to read.

Postby bbmike » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:53 am

kur4o wrote:I also tested the ipchammer, some functions work, others not, On read properties it stops, when there is a negative 7f response. Maybe some exception can be added, so info from non fully supported ipcs still can be read.

I looked into this and fixed it today. So it will work in the next version.

Postby darkman5001 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:53 am

kur4o wrote:Finally success, that code is LSB, I wonder why I didn`t notice it so far.
bbmike, thanks for cooperation.

In the dump I have the cal area have correct checksum, but when I try to test the OS it always fails for some reason. Could it be a bad dump or some data missing. Found some update files for the ipc and the checksum are all correct there.

The only way to check is to flash update files and than make a dump.

Someone with ipc laying around want to make some dumps for testing?

I have many IPCs for both full size GM trucks from 2000-2007 as well as clusters for the 2002-2007 Trailblazer/Envoys. I can help with testing if needed.

Postby kur4o » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:10 pm

darkman5001, It will be great to get some files out of them.

Just hook them on bench with mdi and run the script with universal patcher. Save logs to a rtf files.

Previous

Return to GM LS1 512Kbyte and 1Mbyte and newer