Editing and writing EFIL COS file w/TPRT & PCMH

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc . Circa 1999 to 2006. All VPW OBD2 PCMs.

Editing and writing EFIL COS file w/TPRT & PCMH

Postby bbpanel » Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 am

I posted this on the TPRT Forum w/o any responses so I'll see if perhaps there is a different audience here.

I have an EFILive COS "tun" file (P01 PCM). I had it exported to a "bin" format (using EFIL). I was able to read the Calibration Segment Info using TPRT5 and the OS = 1270003. This corresponds to an EFILive COS for a GM OS = 12208322 (2001 P01). Using an XDF corresponding to that GM OS I was able to read quite a bit about the bin file and everything I found agrees with what I know about the tune.

Even though the XDF is not showing any of the EFILive COS tables/parameters I am able to view those portions of the bin that are OEM tables/parameters, etc. – at least I assume that is what I’m seeing. Can anyone verify that?

So, my question is if I can view an oem table/parameter can I edit any of these tables/parameters and not corrupt the bin file? And if I can do that, can I use PCMHammer to write the edited EFIL bin file to my PCM? Does PCMHammer care that it is an EFIL file?

Re: Editing and writing EFIL COS file w/TPRT & PCMH

Postby Holden202T » Fri May 31, 2019 11:44 am

if the table is correctly showing in tunerpro i can see why it wouldn't work.

Postby bbpanel » Fri May 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Holden202T wrote:if the table is correctly showing in tunerpro i can see why it wouldn't work.

You lost me with that - could you elaborate?

Postby Tre-Cool » Fri May 31, 2019 4:42 pm

he forgot the the 't

all the standard calibration data is still in the same spot as normal. they just added tables and changed background code for the COS

Postby bbpanel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:00 pm

Ok, that's encouraging - what are your thoughts on this?
.. will PCMHammer write the EFIL COS bin file to my PCM? Complete, including the COS parameters/tables, etc? Does PCMHammer care that it is an EFIL COS file?

Return to GM LS1 512Kbyte and 1Mbyte