Disabling VY LS1 Vats via ALDL > USB

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
nathanVS
cars: VY Calais
VX Calais

Disabling VY LS1 Vats via ALDL > USB

Post by nathanVS »

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum, but have done a bit of logging and flashing in tunes made by The1 into my VY V6. So I'm converting the car to LS1 and need to disable the VATs in order to start the car, can anyone point me in the right direction of some software or someone that can do this?

Either disable the vats or link with my bcm.

Thanks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Disabling VY LS1 Vats via ALDL > USB

Post by VL400 »

There is a thread about disabling VATS for an LS1 here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=3&t=2849

Otherwise if your keeping everything as per a factory LS1 vehicle (including the PIM), have Holden or someone with tech-2 link them for you. Better off keeping VATS if you can.
nathanVS
VX Calais

Post by nathanVS »

VL400 wrote:There is a thread about disabling VATS for an LS1 here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=3&t=2849

Otherwise if your keeping everything as per a factory LS1 vehicle (including the PIM), have Holden or someone with tech-2 link them for you. Better off keeping VATS if you can.

Thanks I'll have a read. I agree want to keep VATs on if possible but I'm doing the conversion on the weekend and would like to start the car. I can always have a custom tune done later :)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

vats in an ls1 is a code patch in the pcm. you cant disable it from the bcm, or via aldl. You will need vpw protocol tuning tools that support the 0411 pcm to outright disable it, or as vl400 states you can install a pim and get holden or someone with a tech2 to do the link and retain vats.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
nathanVS
VX Calais

Post by nathanVS »

antus wrote:vats in an ls1 is a code patch in the pcm. you cant disable it from the bcm, or via aldl. You will need vpw protocol tuning tools that support the 0411 pcm to outright disable it, or as vl400 states you can install a pim and get holden or someone with a tech2 to do the link and retain vats.

Thanks that's what I was wanting to find out, so I have to get holden to link them basically. Unless someone in geelong has a VY LS1 PCM with the vats disabled?