HSV tune files that can be used in standard LS1's

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
VX L67 Getrag

HSV tune files that can be used in standard LS1's

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I've been told there's some good base tunes from HSV's that don't have any major internal mod's like cam's that are a good upgrade to use on a stock LS1.

Just wondering what range's had different internals to stock?

I'm think monaro were based off the stock internals, but there on not?
shane1

Re: HSV tune files that can be used in standard LS1's

Post by shane1 »

Any of the later std files VY/VZ contain better tunes but you need a blend of both early and late if you wish to keep lean cruise etc. the hsv VY tunes were pretty good , but even then there is room for improvement. Make it mafless with a good quality cold air intake ( not aluminium!) a reasonable set of headers ( not huge) and you will be on a good thing.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

For an easy gain the Monaros go nicely on a 2004 VY HSV tune with the diff ratio and VSS settings etc changed to match the car.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

This was a vx 12202088 op sys & cal file 92108780!
Seeing there was the same op sys with cal 92108781 for a clubsport I used that & changed idle, airflow, maf, VE & injector characteristics & seemed like a good starting point!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Only difference in the club sport was that is had 4 into 1 tube headers and some had slightly different injectors. I generally recommend to put a set of those or exctractors on, then run the club sport tune straight up- except with diff ratio etc corrected, then tune from there
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Jayme wrote:Only difference in the club sport was that is had 4 into 1 tube headers and some had slightly different injectors. I generally recommend to put a set of those or exctractors on, then run the club sport tune straight up- except with diff ratio etc corrected, then tune from there
Are the HSV cat's any different or better? What about air box's any gains there?
Looking for some factory upgrares for my VZ LS1.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

the '2088 OS is the 2001/2002 operating system, and '5074 was for 2003/2004. They both run on the same hardware (512kb '0411 pcm) and you can update to the newer OS with a full flash.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I had a feeling about the "5074" with obviously making sure the same speedo/diff & injector changes are left with what's in the vehicle, I even did a full flash with going from 92108780 to 92108781 as I wasn't sure if there was any un-mapped data out of the cal area!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Dylan wrote:
Jayme wrote:Only difference in the club sport was that is had 4 into 1 tube headers and some had slightly different injectors. I generally recommend to put a set of those or exctractors on, then run the club sport tune straight up- except with diff ratio etc corrected, then tune from there
Are the HSV cat's any different or better? What about air box's any gains there?
Looking for some factory upgrares for my VZ LS1.

yeah the hsv exhaust is bigger diameter all the way to the flange behind the cats. after that im not sure as my cat back wasnt stock. I got a set of HSV headers, pipes and cats, best thing I ever did. all the stock pipes ive seen are half squashed just after the cats to the flange and dont flow well at all.
intake isnt any different iirc. mine is a VY which all have an air dam thingy to direct cold air only. I just enlarged the hole from the airbox into the air dam area.

also be careful about swapping to 5074 o/s on a VT/VX and retaining VATS. on a few mates cars ive played with, they develop a random no start situation every now and then, owner has to try 50 times to start it with anti theft failing. im not sure why but there must be a difference in the anti theft setup between the models/os's
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thanks Jayme. Im up for a cat back so think I will go the HSV extractors and cat's.
Not keen on a aftermarket set at all. Will have to look into this opening you enlarged on the intake I can't picture it.

As soon as I Google any bolt on mods I walk away more confused with LS stuff.
Need info straight up from someone who's done it. Thanks!