PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
In-Tech

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by In-Tech »

Hello,
I just finished reading this 80 page thread. Incredible things you all are doing. Not sure I should post this here or in Gampy's new thread but here goes.

Quite a few pages back someone else mentioned an error using WinXP 32 bit and didn't see a solution although someone asked for a screen shot so here's mine.
Error_PcmHammer.JPG

I have not tried this on a win7 laptop I have since I just downloaded your software a few hours ago.

I would also like to offer any help you guys need on the p59. I have a few on the shelf. I also have the equipment to remove/replace the 29f800, and program in one of my "chip" programmers, if I can't recover on the bench. I have adapters for just about everything including BGA's. I also have spare blank flash to save time.

I have an older AVT DB9 (Pre CAN) as well as the newer USB that does CAN as well. I also have an OBDLink SX USB. I am very interested in being able to clone the p59. I can read and write using TunerCat using the ground/boot mode but it doesn't write the entire .bin so I can't get rid of the tuner lock(seed/key). It's not that big a deal and is still better than the labor of removing/replacing the flash ;)

Anyway, nice to be here and meet you all and let me know if I can help.
-Carl
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Hi In-Tech,

Welcome to the forum.

No problem that's what this thread is for ... It's as good a place as any.

As for WinXP ... Yup, I'd like that as well, not likely going to happen!
It is written in Microsoft C#, In Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft is doing everything they can to get XP holdouts to move too their new Asset tracking versions. YOU are their asset!
It is my understanding that Visual Studio starting with 2019 is incapable of creating XP compatible software ... I am still on 2017.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hi Gampy,
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, microsoft is always trying to rule the world. It's been many years(early2000's) since I have done any code work and back then it was all 8 bit so I have some catching up to do. I used to write in assembly and a little VB. My goal in the next ~30 days is to learn C++ and re-familiarize myself with some of my old stuff. I used to comment all my code pretty well so I could look back later and figure out wtf I was thinking that day, lol. I used to assemble some of my old emulator stuff in DOS, Windows and Linux and my read/write stuff in VB, so, it sounds like a cool project to make/assemble a PCMHammer version that works on old stuff if the powers that be don't mind.
-Carl
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I don't have an XP machine to test on, so I don't know for sure, but... I think there's a chance that this will run on XP if you install the latest version of .Net Framework that works on XP. I also don't know which version that was, but I think one exists.

No promises, but I think it's worth a try.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I believe .NET 4.0 is the latest that works on XP.

With C++ the app has to be specifically built with the XP Toolset, not sure with C#.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya, just feedback, I have .net 4.0
DotNet.JPG
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im not an expert in the dependancies but i believe it needs .net core 2 which is newer and different to .net. im pretty sure it doesnt exist for xp.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

My PCMHammer shows its compiled with .NetFramework 4.6.1. Almost certain XP support was stopped at .net 4.0

I believe 1 or more of the libraries are done in .net Core as well.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
RoninDusette
cars: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT (Trifecta, CAI, lowered)
1991 Honda CRX Si (gutted, waiting for love)
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Post by RoninDusette »

kur4o wrote:Do you have a copy of the stock e78 bin. I would like to see it and possible figure out the checksums so you can flash it without issues.
Pm me
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

I have made programs with Visualstudio 2019, C#, .Net 4.0, x86 and they run in XP.