PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
notime2d8

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by notime2d8 »

antus wrote:What interface type? Serial settings shouldnt be relevant. You can post up a txt file with the contents of the debug tab if you want us to confirm it is the same thing. Good for us to have a couple of examples too.
It actually got the furthest it ever had today i was so hopeful. But it still failed at 30%
Attachments
read.txt
(635.9 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

So when i plugged in my laptop power that's when i got that error. I left my laptop on battery power and i got a full read. I tested it again and plugging in my laptop to the charger made it error out again. But it worked and i'm happy. Thanks so much guys.
Attachments
bin read.txt
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

NSFW wrote:Sweet!

I think it's time to put the kernel code up on github anyway, so I'll do that this weekend and show you the part we're having trouble with. Or at least, what I think is what we're having trouble with. :)
The kernel code is on github now.

The files were imported with the history from the private branch that Antus and I were working in, but since they were in the root of the private branch and they're now in a subdirectory, you have to use "git log --follow <filename>" to actually see the history.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
cobra30689
cars: 2002 Camaro Z28

Post by cobra30689 »

Hello all. Tuning newbie here. Looking at PCM Hammer and Tunerpro as an alternative to HPT as my only real uses will be for learning, deleting VATS and CAGS. I have a VXDIAG nano J2534 pass-thru device that I use for my Tech2 tool, and while PCM Hammer detects it and the self-test passes (and proves out on the log screen), the rest of the buttons do not light up. Presently I am working with a 2002 Camaro LS1, with a 0411 PCM. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

cobra30689 wrote:Hello all. Tuning newbie here. Looking at PCM Hammer and Tunerpro as an alternative to HPT as my only real uses will be for learning, deleting VATS and CAGS. I have a VXDIAG nano J2534 pass-thru device that I use for my Tech2 tool, and while PCM Hammer detects it and the self-test passes (and proves out on the log screen), the rest of the buttons do not light up. Presently I am working with a 2002 Camaro LS1, with a 0411 PCM. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Take a screen shot of what the applications shows after connecting, might be an error occuring near the end of the initial function preventing it from finishing its initiation.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
osx86ftw
cars: 1987 Porsche 944 5.3 swapped

Post by osx86ftw »

Any idea when 1MB write support will be implemented?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I haven't given up but I'm not working on it very actively these days. First I have to figure out how to unbrick both of my test P59s. I had a BDM device hooked up to one but nothing seemed to work and I'm not sure how to figure out what's wrong, especially since nobody seems to have figured out BDM with an AMD P59 anyhow. I'm trying BDM with a P01 next to see if I can make that work - it should be simpler so hopefully I'll learn something along the way that will help with the P59s.

I might actually have the code fixed already, I just have no way to test it right now, and if I'm wrong that's another bricked P59, so I want to figure out the unbricking before I try anything else.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
osx86ftw
cars: 1987 Porsche 944 5.3 swapped

Post by osx86ftw »

Cool, thanks for the update 8-)
jay woo

Post by jay woo »

NSFW have you tried asking on the saab trionic forum. Similar hardware and they have been playing with 68k for years. The forum has a few people you may recognise from the Subaru forum. Been years since I looked at either forums but seem to remember some similar names like sasha_a80.

https://os.mbed.com/users/Just4pLeisure ... t4trionic/
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Wow, small world. :)

I wasn't aware that Saab used the same CPU. I talked with a guy about Lotus tuning though and they have the same CPU and flash chip so I think he's got me pointed in the right direction. At this point I have some ideas to try out, but can't try them until/unless I get a P59 unbricked.