PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by antus »

Yes it is one way to do it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
flyn-brian
cars: No cars in shed. My cars sit outside. But if you must Know my daily driver is an 05 Avalanche

Post by flyn-brian »

antus wrote:Watch out for the filesize. It looks like we dont have OSID 1272058 listed as a 1mbyte tune yet, so the second half of that file is missing (its only 512kb).
That could be true. At one time I tried to write my VIN to that PCM. HPTuners allowed me to do that because they were both P59 PCM's. But when I went to write the file, HPTuners informed I needed to use credits for that. So I spent the 2 credits at 50 dollars each. And to my surprise they took my money but told me I still needed to buy credits for that PCM. I filled out a ticket with HPTuners but they never credited me back the useless credits they took from me in the first place. I let 3 months go by to give them ample time to right the wrong. A that point I googled hacking a p59 PCM. That is when I came across the video of grounding 1 spot on the PCM while writing to it. So I tried it and it worked. I opened my stock tune for my Avalanche and I chose write entire. After it worked I did a 1 bar speed density tune on it. After that worked I went back into the file and made some adjustments for a winter tune. That particular day was extremely cold and I wasn't going to have an engine power reduce on a day that was -20F with a wind chill of -50 F.I have yet to test that PCM But I am sure it is complete and that it will work. What I am not sure of is that I got a complete dump from PCM Hammer but it did finish and save the file. I think I will compare sizes of both files
I code therefore I am.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Gampy wrote:Shouldn't the chip determine the file size ...
That can only work as well as the chip-ID code. Until recently we could not identify any AMD chips.

Going by OS ID let us at least read for the OS IDs that we know about, even if the PCM uses chips that we don't know about. And even now, the app only really knows two chips - an Intel 512kb, and an AMD 1024kb. There are probably others out there.

Does anyone know whether 1272058 is a GM OS ID, or is that something specific to HP Tuners?
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That osid does not show up in the data I've been collecting ... That doesn't mean it's not a valid GM osid, I do not have them all.
Wish I could get a GM db dump. :)

The Serial number is also not normal.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

NSFW wrote:Yeah, we're still missing write support. The code is now written, but there's something wrong with it and I need to figure out what... Because I think I'm going to need BDM to fix the P59 I was working with today. :)
It's my understanding that the USB BDM NT device does not support erasing or writing to a P59 with an AMD chip. The device is capable, but you need a correct config .xml file to make it happen. Creating something like that is beyond my skill set. You might get the owner of the business that makes and sells the BDM device to help you get a .xml config file to work. And if you do... Please Share It!!! :thumbup:
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The only other chip is the intel 1mbyte.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

antus wrote:The only other chip is the intel 1mbyte.
I have one of those 1 meg Intel flash P59's here. I think the Intel 1 meg flash chip was used only one year (2003?) before changing to the AMD flashes. The 2004 P59 I have here has the AMD 1 meg flash. I should try and get my hands on a later (2005,2006) P59 and take it apart...
-David

Gampy

Post by Gampy »

It would be beneficial to the understanding of, what has what if they (PCM's) were refereed to by their Service Number.
It is the Service Number that differentiates between them, not the P?? number.

Thank you
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
flyn-brian
cars: No cars in shed. My cars sit outside. But if you must Know my daily driver is an 05 Avalanche

Post by flyn-brian »

The dump I did came out of a 2003 yukon I found at the junk yard; I wrote the 2005 Avalanche file to it.
I code therefore I am.
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote:It would be beneficial to the understanding of, what has what if they (PCM's) were refereed to by their Service Number.
It is the Service Number that differentiates between them, not the P?? number.

Thank you
Sorry Gampy,

The 2003 PCM is Service# 12576106, Hardware# 12570558 (drive by cable or wire) with the Intel AB28F800 Flash and OSID 12579405.

The 2004 PCM is Service# 12586243, Hardware# 12583659 (drive by cable or wire) with the AMD AM29F800BB Flash and OSID 12587603.

I'm going to try and pull some of the stuff I'm finding on the web and start on a comprehensive table that shows Year, Vehicle Application, Service#, Hardware#, OSID, BCC, memory size and Flash#...

I will share it here and maybe it could be added to by others.
-David