PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
brandonwh64
cars: building a 1965 F100 with a 5.3L LS

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by brandonwh64 »

DavidBraley wrote:Using TunerPro RT, I opened the saved bin using the correct XDF....
Hey david! Would it be possible to get the XDF you used in tuner pro and also the .bin from your 0411 ECU? THANKS! I am going to test flashing a 0411 OS to a 4896 ECU. From what I have read, the ECUs are identical except the CPU on the 0411 is newer. Other people have flashed back and forth between the two models with ease and I want to test PCM hammer as well. Don't worry about my ECU, I have spares and its an experiment.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Biggvl wrote:Ditto
Hate to be the first one to comment to after the link was posted
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I scanned the whole thread before I posted too :roll:

Hey Ant, would it be a good idea to have the link in the first post for ease of locating?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep thats done. Ill do some house keeping and create an ls1 0411 vpw sub forum soon and start moving relevant threads and information there.

@brandonwh64:
Dont try and swap OS with this tool yet! This beta version is only able to write the calibration and WILL let you flash in the wrong data if you attempt such a thing, which will probably end badly, or require additional work on your part to recover the pcm and put it back with the matching calibration. Heed the warnings and have patience. OS replacement will be in a later release, as will additional safety checks.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Well done everybody! I was just about ready to buy a commercial product when Immortality told me about this release - very keen to see how you guys develop it further.

At this stage I take it there isn't realtime support for calibration changes?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

No, and that isnt a planned feature. One of the big players has that for some tables only using pcm ram mapping somethng like 2k of data from flash to unused ram with custom OS but I dont think there is much demand for it. Most people doing ls1 tuning log, correct and flash. To do a realtime hardware and software mod like we did on the older delcos probably wouldnt be worth the development. If we do look in to something like that it'll be a fair way down the road after other features and definitions.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I really need to set up a bench test facility...
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

brandonwh64 wrote:Hey david! Would it be possible to get the XDF you used in tuner pro and also the .bin from your 0411 ECU? THANKS! I am going to test flashing a 0411 OS to a 4896 ECU. From what I have read, the ECUs are identical except the CPU on the 0411 is newer. Other people have flashed back and forth between the two models with ease and I want to test PCM hammer as well. Don't worry about my ECU, I have spares and its an experiment.
The XDF's can be found in a lot of places. The XDF's I'm using can be found here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... -Checksums

I am so new to this that I can't with any certainty help with much confidence, but I do know that the the XDF is operating system and PCM dependent.

Antus above also mentions that this tool is not yet able to swap operating systems. That is something I don't even need. I'm super happy with this tool just the way it is!!! If development didn't go one inch further, I and many others will get a lot done with their rides. :thumbup:
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

antus wrote:Wow, thats a great test and thanks for the report! Just for our information - what interface type were you testing with? Also which operating system and which XDF? It sounds like its set it well proper checksum support and lots of options.
Antus, I guess I only answered part of these questions earlier. Here is the full answer:

I'm using the Allpro Adapter USB. It works great.

The operating system for the bin I downloaded using PCMHammer is 12202088, and I'm using an XDF I found here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... -Checksums

The file is in the first post and it's called "2001 XDF - Version 5.zip"

Not 100% sure if these XDF's are the latest and greatest. If anyone here knows of better XDF's, please share!

Maybe a list of the most reliable XDF's for the 0411 can be created someplace on the forum...
Last edited by DavidBraley on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

immortality wrote:I really need to set up a bench test facility...
There is a good diagram of the connections on the Sloppy Mechanics web site, and the connectors are available on Amazon. Or from a pick-and-pull yard, but I took the lazy route.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!