PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Holden202T

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Holden202T »

noice!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

That's WAY cool, wish I had something to test it on!
THEFERMANATOR

Post by THEFERMANATOR »

Any ETA on LB7 ECM flashing? I picked up a used ECM, and just my luck it's corrupted. I know about the bootloader bypass to force a read or write, but I don't have any way to replace the vin, serial, and BCC code other than a cloning program. I found a complete .bin file to flash in, but I have no way to flash it in. I did use the clone feature on some 0411's I have, and it worked flawlessly.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

My first priority right now is to get reflashing to work for P59 PCMs. I'd like to get that working this summer, but I'm not promising.

I will look into reflashing 2001-2004 C5 EBCMs next, but if it's not easy, it's probably not going to get done.

For flashing other devices, someone else is going to have to step up and take the lead on the flash-kernel development. I'm happy to help with the Windows side of things, though.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
bbpanel

Post by bbpanel »

Yortt wrote:
Wade wrote:anyone know anything about this bin its 1271001
It is a HP Tuners custom operating system , 1 bar, mafless.
So, will PCMH read/write a COS (HPT and/or EFIL) even though one may not be able to view all of the tables/parameters, etc in TPRT?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i dont see why it shouldn't be able to read them, its just a normal bin with a few mods in certain areas to make it do what they want isn't it ?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I just got a question via PM about what it would take to add support for V6 PCMs, and the answer to that question will apply to adding support for pretty much any PCM...

1) What CPU does it use?
2) What flash chip does it use?
3) What memory location (in RAM) can the flash kernel be uploaded to?

Plus whoever tries to implement it might need a PCM to test with (or a stack of them), or a volunteer with some PCMs who is willing to test and possibly sacrifice some while testing.

If LS Droid goes open source (especially the kernel part) that would probably give us a big head start. I'm pretty sure they already support V6 flashing.

The other missing thing is time. I've been really busy lately and probably will be until the end of October, and after that I want to figure out how to recover my bricked P59s and then figure out how to get flashing to work for those. Plus I want to create a data logger for P01 and P59 PCMs, probably over my holiday vacation.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

when you say adding support for V6 PCM's what do you mean ?

ie. i have an 02 chev blazer V6 PCM, its an 0411, pcm hammer technically already supports it in that it can ID it and start a read, however it fails to complete at 4% (quick chat to Antus he thought it might be a timing issue or something)

or are you referring to other model V6 PCM's ?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I guess that's the PCM we're talking about. And by support I mean reading and writing successfully. Can you post the debug log from an attempt to read your V6 PCM? That's probably a solvable problem.

The only PCMs I have actual hands-on experience with are the P01 in my 2002 Corvette, and a spare just in case I brick that one (so far so good...), plus a couple of P59s that I have for testing.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Heres all i've got, i was using an MDI for reading it, and unfortunately the USB plug on it broke and at this stage im not sure i can fix it, i sure hope i can though :?
blazer1.png
blazer1.png (409.34 KiB) Viewed 4783 times
Ant said he thought it was 4k packets ? (sorry vague memory) and we compiled another version with different sizes and it still failed, Ant might be able to add more technical jargon!

And the debug log.
blazer1.txt
(166.67 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
I mainly got the PCM because USA is cheap :P but also i wanted to use a 0411 on a 6 cylinder and figured this would be the best starting point, i also have a VY V8 commodore PCM that i do plan to put the blazer OS on once i get the 6 cylinder working just to confirm cross compatibility, but thats a long way down the road at the moment.