PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by NSFW »

I did some in-car testing with an LX yesterday and ran into the issue with chatter on the OBD2 bus. With Tazzi's help I did get a successful read after making a few changes. I still need to review those changes, clean them up, do some more testing, etc, but a fix is definitely coming.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Could maybe have an advanced setting for indicating if flashing in car or on bench. Since bench will have no interruptions and wont need to worry about other modules waking back up and interrupting, so bigger blocks can be used.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Yeah, I was thinking the same. There are a few parameters that could be tuned better, and tuned differently for in-car vs on-bench. For the next release I just want to get things to work, but for the release after that I'd like to make it possible to tweak buffer sizes and timeout values without recompiling.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Lowlyfe1
cars: 2002 silverado 5.3, 88 300 zx

Re: PCM Hammer

Post by Lowlyfe1 »

NSFW wrote:Tactrix doesn't support the VPW flavor of OBD2 - I asked them directly and they said no.

But, I should have mentioned that AVT interfaces should work. I'll send you both PMs.
Does this mean tactrix cable isnt supported? i have 2 tactrix units and a vas6154. Ive tried all without success, any insight or should i just get a known working cable?
thanks
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Lowlyfe1 wrote:
NSFW wrote:Tactrix doesn't support the VPW flavor of OBD2 - I asked them directly and they said no.

But, I should have mentioned that AVT interfaces should work. I'll send you both PMs.
Does this mean tactrix cable isnt supported? i have 2 tactrix units and a vas6154. Ive tried all without success, any insight or should i just get a known working cable?
thanks
Correct, it's not supported. I have one myself, so I was really hoping it would work.
Lowlyfe1
cars: 2002 silverado 5.3, 88 300 zx

Post by Lowlyfe1 »

NSFW wrote:
Lowlyfe1 wrote:

thanks
Correct, it's not supported. I have one myself, so I was really hoping it would work.
Again thanks for all your input dude. I actually used your sd patch for my buddies 05 lgt a few weeks ago
Attachments
received_2360970350692109.jpeg
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Right on! My Subaru is still my daily driver, in fact I drove it to get dinner tonight. :)
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I just put up Release 9, which should fix in-car reflashing for the ScanTool LX, MX, and MX+ devices. But I only have an LX to test with, so please try the others and let me/us know how it goes for you.

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... 9.12.14.01
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Definitely working far better for me ...

Something I've noticed now that I typically see no retries, sometimes I do get them, reboot again and they go away ... I always fresh boot before I try anything.
Doesn't that indicate something other then PcmHammer.

Also, How hard would it be to swap the order of File dialog and the 'Sorry to Interrupt' dialog (Wait dialog)?
Thus one can hit the action button, do the file name thing, then walk away letting the timeout start the action.

Good job!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I haven't seen a pattern with retries yet, but I suspect they're mostly random. I usually see none on my test setup, and usually none but occasionally one or two in my car, but I don't know if that's typical yet. I want add code later that gives people a mild warning if there's more than X, or a harsh warning if there's more than Y, but I don't know what X and Y should be so I'm looking for ideas.

Swapping the order of the dialogs is a good idea, I'll make that change.