PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
1gcrazy

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by 1gcrazy »

Tried a 12200411 and that one works.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

As you note the tool only supports the Delphi P01 and P59 series of PCMs, so I dont believe either of those PCMs are supported by the flash kernel or at the unlock phase which is why they are both failing to unlock. Thanks for the report, but at this stage we are working on full read/write support for the above 2 pcm types.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bbpanel

Post by bbpanel »

Thought I would plant the seed on GitHub, as Antus suggested ("...send a pull request against the code"), to read/log DTCs and create ADX files for various hardware interfaces like the Allpro Adapter and others. But after reading "about pull requests", "creating a pull request", "branches" and "about forks", etc., I'm clearly out of my element. I am an end user gear-head and not a programmer so I appeal to someone that understands the process to initiate this request.
Let me also take this opportunity to thank all of the developers/hackers for tackling this very complex problem resulting in this wonderful tool. -Bob
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I am under the impression someone is already working on one... I made an ADX for AVT interface a while ago and a bloke contacted me about using it as a base for an allpro ADX. I can only assume the end goal was for him to release it publically but I never heard back from him.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

A pull request is part of writing code. Code, with multiple people working on it, has branches. You can see the branches of pcmhammer here https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/network
When I say you can send a pull request, it means it was an invitation for you fork the code (copy it with git at the latest point in time), add the feature and send us a "pull request" which is where we can see what you did and merge the code in to pcmhammer. Thus you have written and added the feature to pcmhammer. Anyone with the skills and interest can do that. A feature request in github is fine if your not a developer, only then you need to wait for someone else to write it.

As for the allpro adx, im not sure any have been completed. There have been a couple of stalled efforts, but the invitation to help with that is also on the table for anyone with the skills, interest and time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

Jayme wrote:I am under the impression someone is already working on one... I made an ADX for AVT interface a while ago and a bloke contacted me about using it as a base for an allpro ADX. I can only assume the end goal was for him to release it publically but I never heard back from him.
Jayme,

Is the ADX you created for the AVT-852? I understand it's a great interface, but when you add a couple of Analog inputs to it, the cost is over $300...

I'm hoping Pete's interface will become a good alternative. But then I'm guessing (based on something Antus mentioned earlier) another/modified ADX file would need to be created.

Antus, Jayme (or anyone who knows),

Is there any reading a guy could do to learn about how to make an ADX file for tunerpro? I'm feeling completely out of my element trying something like this, but I'm willing to at least learn something about it.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Gampy wrote:Thus winding up with data loss ...

Wondering if PcmHammer shouldn't read and log the DTC's before adding to them and ultimately clearing them.
Data loss is hyperbole.

If the DTC was caused by a mechanical problem, it will come back, probably quite soon.

If the DTC was caused by a tuning problem, and you are trying to fix that problem, you want it cleared when you reflash, so that you can find out if your fix worked.

Fundamentally, if your check-engine light is on, you should use a code reader to find out what it is, and then you should fix it, either by wrenching or by flashing. There's no point adding features to PCM Hammer that will just help users postpone that kind of thing.

And there are already lots of tools for reading trouble codes and resources for fixing them. If anyone has the time / skills / inclination to work on PCM Hammer, there's stuff to work on that would make PCM Hammer a better tool for reflashing, and the world will be a better place if it has a better open source tool for reflashing. Re-creating features that are readily available elsewhere wouldn't really add value to the world.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
160plus

Post by 160plus »

DavidBraley wrote:
Jayme wrote:I am under the impression someone is already working on one... I made an ADX for AVT interface a while ago and a bloke contacted me about using it as a base for an allpro ADX. I can only assume the end goal was for him to release it publically but I never heard back from him.
Jayme,

Is the ADX you created for the AVT-852? I understand it's a great interface, but when you add a couple of Analog inputs to it, the cost is over $300...

I'm hoping Pete's interface will become a good alternative. But then I'm guessing (based on something Antus mentioned earlier) another/modified ADX file would need to be created.

Antus, Jayme (or anyone who knows),

Is there any reading a guy could do to learn about how to make an ADX file for tunerpro? I'm feeling completely out of my element trying something like this, but I'm willing to at least learn something about it.
I already have an ADX mostly written that works with the interface I am developing with Envious Customs. During hardware development we needed a way to stress test the tool and logging with it was the easiest way :thumbup:
Bob's91Vette

Post by Bob's91Vette »

I'm a newbie to the PCM hacking thing. I have a 91 vette and I want to put an LS engine into it and I know that I will have to tune the PCM. I have downloaded PCM Hammer and used it to read both 896 and 411 PCMs that I purchased. I have looked at the many parameters using Tuner Pro, and that's about as far as I have gotten. It will probably be at least a year before I actually put the engine in the car and I have a lot of time to learn. I have some questions.

How capable is PCM Hammer/Tuner Pro combo relative to, say HPTuner? Is it 1%, 10%, 50%, 90%, or 99% as capable?

Will I eventually have to break down and get HPTuner?

The 411 PCM presently has a BIN that is for a Sinverado Pickup. Can I simply use PCM Hammer to reflash it with a BIN from a drive-by-cable 4l60e Camaro?

Or perhaps is the Silverado BIN a good enough starting point?

Thanks, Bob
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Since your in the US Bob, if i were you i'd probably just get one of the new holley terminator x series of ecu's.

$1k usd for harness & ecu.