PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Gampy »

I'm not counting anything out except my memory and with that I guess I'm more confused then I thought!

I thought y'all just got the AMD chipped units working, after the release of 005.

As of This post by NSFW
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah we can read them without anything chip specific and the next release should support writing amd chips.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Yeah, we're still missing write support. The code is now written, but there's something wrong with it and I need to figure out what... Because I think I'm going to need BDM to fix the P59 I was working with today. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
flyn-brian
cars: No cars in shed. My cars sit outside. But if you must Know my daily driver is an 05 Avalanche

Post by flyn-brian »

Well I hoped I could get it to work without a screen shot. But for the life of me I couldn't get the file to paste into notepad. Now that I think about it I think it was my virus software (Comodo). Never the less I swapped computers and put PCM Hammer on a completely different computer. Long story short it still didn't work. I appreciate any help given.
Attachments
PCM Hammer fault out.txt
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
PCM Hammer debug log.txt
(11.96 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
I code therefore I am.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

You need to click in the debug window and hit ctrl + a to select all (or drag for several pages to select all) then paste that. What you've got in the debug log is right but it stops half way through the kernel upload. At that point things are still looking healthy, though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
flyn-brian
cars: No cars in shed. My cars sit outside. But if you must Know my daily driver is an 05 Avalanche

Post by flyn-brian »

Success at last. I flashed the firmware to 4.01 on the OBDLink sx and as I write this I am getting a dump from a PCM. I'm on cloud 9 right now. No more paying for credits. :comp:
I code therefore I am.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

There is also the Right Click context menu that provides:
Select All
Copy
Paste
And more ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
flyn-brian

Post by flyn-brian »

And here it is my first actual read with PCM Hammer. A PCM with quite a few DIC's not reported and ignored by the pcm. It is a clone of my 05 Avalanche ffv vin code Z that was heavily edited in Hp Tuners. Basically a speed density tune with a bunch of idiot lights shut off .
Attachments
Yukon AV.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
I code therefore I am.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Watch out for the filesize. It looks like we dont have OSID 1272058 listed as a 1mbyte tune yet, so the second half of that file is missing (its only 512kb).
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Shouldn't the chip determine the file size ...