PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Gampy »

The N/A on the USB Adapter tells me he is out of stock and they will be back ... Else it would have been deleted like the others that I suspect are being discontinued.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

That sounds likely. Fingers crossed.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Alex has responded that he is currently out of stock for allpro, so that is why currently N/A (assuming NA for not available, not - not applicable).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Thanks Antus. Good to know

Mike
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thanks for letting us know ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Speedy
cars: NBS Silverado turbo 5.3 4l80e

Post by Speedy »

antus wrote:Can you post up the bin? It looks like it has bad checksums. I know some of the early bins had bad checksums from the factory and the validate checksum feature was turned off. Your PCM may be old enough that is the case. We decided to require checksums be ok to protect people from bad files, and it would likely be possible to fix the checksums and either enable the checksum validation in the bin, or leave it turned off if it doesnt work, but at least pcmhammer will be able to verify the files are ok and allow the flash.

I also think the '4896 hardware is different to the '0411. Whether we are safe to treat it the same Im a little unsure of but I think its ok. I believe the pcms are not as hardy as the later '0411 but I dont have experience with them. Maybe someone else can describe the differences in more detail?
Bin "My Xtra P01 PCM" is from the junkyard PCM I am using for all bench harness write tests. The other bin "My 2000 Silverado" comes from the PCM removed from my vehicle, for a test read/comparison.

Both bin files are STOCK. Both are from PCMs sharing the same Serv#09354896 and 9381344 O/S (commonly used in 2000 model year).
Attachments
My 2000 Silverado STOCK OS Don't Break It.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
My Xtra P01 PCM '00 Silverado 1500 4.8 4l60e.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Speedy
cars: NBS Silverado turbo 5.3 4l80e

Post by Speedy »

brandonwh64 wrote:
Speedy wrote:Thanks to all who are developing PCM Hammer. I tested version 4, using a bench harness and AllPro USB interface connected to a P01 pcm serv#9354896, with o/s 9381344. On the bench harness, PCM Hammer successfully performed the following.....
It did the same on my 4896 ECUs as well. Read fine and created a .bin but had no XDFs to use to edit them in tuner pro. Do you have XDFs that work with the 4896? I know NSFW is not ready for OS flashing on PCM Hammer yet but on sloppy mechanics, there is a software being tested using the OBDlink bluetooth that WILL flash 4896 with 0411 OS (def tested and worked great). I wanted to try his software but I do not own the bluetooth version of the OBDlink (I have a USB version). I am going to wait until NSFW allows OS flashing and try on my two 4896 ECUs.

Here is where I uploaded both ECU bins for antus and NSFW to compare to a 0411

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6080&start=170#p91991
I can't remember the forum/post, where I downloaded this XDF zip file from (Gearhead-efi?), a week ago. It is unique from other P01/P59 XDFs, in that when you "Select XDF" on TunerPro, you open an XDF folder which contains 6 XDFs (fuel, idle, spark, etc.). You then choose/switch an XDF from the 1 of the 6, to show on the Parameter Tree. What is also different, is that this XDF.zip was posted for 2 operating systems.

I cannot verify who developed it, or if it works properly? The Github and LRT posted XDF's, for other common Gen3 LS operating systems, appear to be more refined.
Attachments
99-00 F+Y Body XDF.zip
9381344 & 9360361 os XDFs
(485.17 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
brandonwh64
cars: building a 1965 F100 with a 5.3L LS

Post by brandonwh64 »

Speedy wrote: I can't remember the forum/post, where I downloaded this XDF zip file from (Gearhead-efi?), a week ago. It is unique from other P01/P59 XDFs, in that when you "Select XDF" on TunerPro, you open an XDF folder which contains 6 XDFs (fuel, idle, spark, etc.). You then choose/switch an XDF from the 1 of the 6, to show on the Parameter Tree. What is also different, is that this XDF.zip was posted for 2 operating systems.

I cannot verify who developed it, or if it works properly? The Github and LRT posted XDF's, for other common Gen3 LS operating systems, appear to be more refined.
I justed tested these with my stock bins and the values look right! Even the cylinders show 8 and it shows that its from a silverado instead of the other 0411 xdf showing like 300+ cylinders lol. Now just awaiting to be able to flash this back to the ecu.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep can confirm the checksums in the files are good, looks like we'll need to sus out how they are calculated and add support to pcmhammer.

The XDFs have the author listed as "John Hodel", Thanks John! They also have the checksum calculations included so that is the information we would otherwise needed to figure out ourselves. Now we need to write the code.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
brandonwh64
cars: building a 1965 F100 with a 5.3L LS

Post by brandonwh64 »

antus wrote:Yep can confirm the checksums in the files are good, looks like we'll need to sus out how they are calculated and add support to pcmhammer.

The XDFs have the author listed as "John Hodel", Thanks John! They also have the checksum calculations included so that is the information we would otherwise needed to figure out ourselves. Now we need to write the code.
You and NSFW and the others in this thread are AMAZING!