PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
gmtech825

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by gmtech825 »

I'll give the mdi a shot. I didn't have any issues reading the BIN with PCM hammer, and HP tuners writes the cal segment in 4x just fine. I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sorry, so late to the game ... Been out of commission.

I think we need to see results from a known state.

gmtech825,

Please do the following ...

Using your MDI2 as the Tool.

If open, close PcmHammer.

Turn Ignition Off.
Remove Battery power from PCM. (Disconnect battery)
Unplug Tool from PC. (or disconnect wireless)
Unplug Tool from DLC. (OBDII) (PCM)
Allow PCM to set for 2 or 3 minutes ...
Reboot PC while waiting!

Hookup ...

Reconnect Battery power to PCM. (Connect battery)
PC powered up and ready.
Plug Tool into DLC. (OBDII) (PCM)
Plug Tool into PC. (or connect wireless)
Wait 10 seconds. (unless installing drivers, allow them to finish)

The above procedure needs to be repeated between errors to reset to a known state.

Open PCM Hammer. (Select Device if needed)
Ensure 4x mode is enabled.
Turn Ignition On.
Wait 10 seconds.
Select Menu: Tools, Read Entire PCM
When it's done, if no errors,
Select: Test Write
When it's done,
Save the debug log, add as attachment to this thread.

If you get an error trying the Test Write, please save the debug log, repeat the reset sequence above, skip the Read Entire PCM and just do a Test Write as the first operation.
Save the debug log and add both logs as attachments to this thread.

Do not repeatedly repeat attempts after there has been an error, it's pointless, reset to a known state before attempting again.

Please, Thank you!

Success is in the details!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
modzer321
cars: wh statesman
vy ss
vt ss
vx clubsport
vt clubsport
vy clubsport

Post by modzer321 »

Speedy wrote:
brandonwh64 wrote:
Speedy wrote:Thanks to all who are developing PCM Hammer. I tested version 4, using a bench harness and AllPro USB interface connected to a P01 pcm serv#9354896, with o/s 9381344. On the bench harness, PCM Hammer successfully performed the following.....
It did the same on my 4896 ECUs as well. Read fine and created a .bin but had no XDFs to use to edit them in tuner pro. Do you have XDFs that work with the 4896? I know NSFW is not ready for OS flashing on PCM Hammer yet but on sloppy mechanics, there is a software being tested using the OBDlink bluetooth that WILL flash 4896 with 0411 OS (def tested and worked great). I wanted to try his software but I do not own the bluetooth version of the OBDlink (I have a USB version). I am going to wait until NSFW allows OS flashing and try on my two 4896 ECUs.

Here is where I uploaded both ECU bins for antus and NSFW to compare to a 0411

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6080&start=170#p91991
I can't remember the forum/post, where I downloaded this XDF zip file from (Gearhead-efi?), a week ago. It is unique from other P01/P59 XDFs, in that when you "Select XDF" on TunerPro, you open an XDF folder which contains 6 XDFs (fuel, idle, spark, etc.). You then choose/switch an XDF from the 1 of the 6, to show on the Parameter Tree. What is also different, is that this XDF.zip was posted for 2 operating systems.

I cannot verify who developed it, or if it works properly? The Github and LRT posted XDF's, for other common Gen3 LS operating systems, appear to be more refined.

does this work for statesman 5.7L v8 automatic i have OS 09381344
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

modzer321 wrote: does this work for statesman 5.7L v8 automatic i have OS 09381344
Need to use an XDF that indicates support for the 09381344 OS. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
modzer321
cars: wh statesman
vy ss
vt ss
vx clubsport
vt clubsport
vy clubsport

Post by modzer321 »

i was asking them about the attachment for F+Y body says it work for my OS but i wanna make sure first
jxx
cars: To many

Re: PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool

Post by jxx »

Any information about getting an autel maxisys elite/pro connected via usb to work with this?
it's detected as a j2534 device but no go and fails to even get vin.

06 VE 6.0L E38 Ecm
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

There is a 015 release just out on the windows store. I hope NSFW can get a release up on github and here soon, but untill then on windows 10 you can search for "pcm hammer" on the windows store and say no to signing in if you dont have an account and can get a copy. I dont see a kernel.bin though, so Im not certain it works without you supplying your own yet. Keep an eye on this thread for now viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7053
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jxx
cars: To many

Post by jxx »

I'll have a look, but stuck between the shit farm feed pipe and a squishy place with this one, cheers antus
I have no orig ecm stuff, occasionally starts and will only start after boiling the ecm in a pot of water and hitting it with a hammer...... it's almost an expensive "send to holden" job to get this one running before the customer looses their shit
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

sorry i just read the e38 part, this is for p01 and p59 and not a can bus e38. you'll need to use something else.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

antus wrote:I hope NSFW can get a release up on github and here soon, but until then [...]
Done!

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... 1.01.30.01
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!