PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by DavidBraley »

Thank you! I will test this on my bench tomorrow. If anything can go wrong, I'm sure it will happen to the Newbie... :lol:
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I just got back from a test drive in my Corvette after flashing it with a bin that has skip-shift disabled (via Tuner Pro) and everything in the car still works. Apparently we have an actual valid tuning tool here. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Fantastic
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Well done guys :punk:
Onwards and upwards from here
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

I got so excited about this new version of PCMHammer that I decided to try it out a day earlier than I said I would! I'm still so new to this whole subject matter that if anyone has any ideas for me to try, just let me know. I'm stepping lightly through this for sure. I don't want to blow anything up... This is what I did:

Using PCMHammer version 003, I was able to read and save a bin file from a stock, unmolested 12200411 PCM. All from my bench, not in a car.

Using TunerPro RT, I opened the saved bin using the correct XDF. I made some very modest changes to the bin; turned off VAT's, changed cylinder volume from 713 to 750, and changed "Max Allowed Torque" from 300 to 325. I was trying to find (actually guessed at) parameters I could change that would not hurt anything. I finished my changes by saving the bin under a different name.

I fired up PCMHammer and wrote the changed bin file to the PCM. I then removed all power from the PCM for 30 seconds or so.

Put power to the PCM and did a full read again using PCMHammer and saved the bin under a new name.

Opened up the latest saved bin I just read from the PCM in TunerPro RT and what do ya know... Everything that I changed earlier in TunerPro was there. It works!

As an exercise, I reversed all the changes I made to the original bin file in TunerPro RT, saved it, wrote it back to the PCM using PCMHammer and removed all power to the PCM. Put power to the PCM and did a compare with the original unmolested bin file I started with. Not exactly the same, only one parameter different, but I noticed a message on the screen that said parameter values can change each time you use the PCM.

One last thing, I tried a Vin number change using PCMHammer, and it works after restoring power. I then tried changing the Vin using TunerPro RT, and that worked too. I used the second write function in PCMHammer (the clone) to write the modified bin I created in TunerPro RT where I only changed the Vin number.

I hope what I just wrote made sense!

Anywho, no smoke is good!

Thank you again for creating this!

Well, it's half past midnight. Take care all and Happy New Years!

David
-David

antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Wow, thats a great test and thanks for the report! Just for our information - what interface type were you testing with? Also which operating system and which XDF? It sounds like its set it well proper checksum support and lots of options.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

I'm using the Allpro Adapter USB. It works great. :thumbup:
Last edited by DavidBraley on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
-David

Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Rookie question, where do I find the download for this release?

Thank you
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Ditto
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »