PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by MudDuck514 »

Gampy wrote:Yea, I ain't no lawyer either and more importantly I want no truck with one ... So, I'll just stay away from those slippery slopes and die happy If I never meet another!

With that said, I don't disagree Mike, I completely agree, you own it you should be able to do what you want with it ... but that does vary on what part of the world you are in.

However, that does not stop a company like HPT from sicking their dogs on you ... Maybe to no end other then to financially drown you in legal fees or tie you up in court.
Gampy,

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head there!!!

Mike
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Pcmhammer should read and write it. If its a '2088 base the 2088 xdf will edit the factory tables as those cos files are patches, not recompiles, so stock tables should not have moved. But if its a 3 bar map you wont have the map table in the 2088 XDF. You can do a full flash with pcmhammer to put a 2088 back on it. If the security key is non-standard (I dont think they do that in newer COS, but the older ones do) you can put a factory seed key combination back in the bin by hand and then clone your own modified param block back in to revert the security key to stock.

Im sure you can legally edit it if you use 3rd party tools and not theirs, but I dont think they'll like you posting any bins with their COS in it. I will remove any COS bins posted to these forums to keep me safe even though the exact legality is debatable. Ive got better things to do with my time than have that debate over and over again so lets not go there. Lets just keep it technical, I think that issue has been discussed to death enough times already.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jfitzy
cars: VX SS
DLX Rodeo 2.8TD

Post by jfitzy »

antus wrote:Pcmhammer should read and write it. If its a '2088 base the 2088 xdf will edit the factory tables as those cos files are patches, not recompiles, so stock tables should not have moved. But if its a 3 bar map you wont have the map table in the 2088 XDF. You can do a full flash with pcmhammer to put a 2088 back on it. If the security key is non-standard (I dont think they do that in newer COS, but the older ones do) you can put a factory seed key combination back in the bin by hand and then c
Thankyou for the replies. I understand copyright infrimgement etc. But I believe as long as i dont redistribute or market it, and didnt claim it as my own. I should be ok. I havent been able to locate a 2088 with Man trans .bin, only an auto file. Im using an obdlink sx usb but I have the elmstreet usb adapter, and just a cheap elm327 blutooth adapter from Jaycar.

The car is an 01 VX Commodore SS, 6 speed. Only has mild work done to it, nothing internal. Basically all I really want to look at is why it drops timing at a certain load and adjust the idle speed down as the target idle is at 950rpm with the Holley IAC its proving nightmarish. Im a light vehicle tech by trade but been teaching myself tuning over the past few years. Just not backdooring a pcm. Normally just standalones etc
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

you should start your own thread for any further help, but to quickly answer, read it with the obdlink, edit it with dimented 24x7s XDF files. you dont need the bin, you have whats on the car.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Got a full flash to work on a P59 on my desk last night. My "2004 Corvette" PCM now thinks it belongs in a 2006 Tahoe. :)

Still have to clean up a few issues, but the next release is not too far away.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yeah that worked out well. Its amazing the difference 1 bit in the right place can make :D
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:Yeah that worked out well. Its amazing the difference 1 bit in the right place can make :D
one could say... its was a bit out of place (Ill put away the dad jokes now... :lol: )
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

BitWrong.png
BitWrong.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5069 times
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Made my day :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That was not an easy bit ... ;)

Yup, gotta love the doggies!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!