PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by NSFW »

Yep, the USB AllPro is the one to get.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
overlandh1978
cars: Blown HQ 1 ton LS
E85 LS VR Commodore
Everyone elses Junk

Post by overlandh1978 »

Cheers guys. On to it now!
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

I have tested version 003 on two 411 PCMs both read fine with AVT. However when i tried to write to them I got "please try again with a less important PCM" has anyone else run into this problem?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes, read the dialog. The default looking button is the wrong one. The point is to make sure you understand the risk :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cmaje72

Post by cmaje72 »

Did a little bench testing this past weekend. I have 4 different 0411's. All 4 read and flashed successfully multiple times with both the Allpro and AVT852.
No failures or bricks at all. :thumbup:

The only errors I got at all were when trying doing back to back flashes with the AVT852. I would get an access denied error when it tried to upload the kernel. When this happened I would have to power cycle the ecu and reset the avt and then it would flash again just fine. No errors on the Allpro in this scenario.

I don't have an actual GM vehicle to test it on but it also worked just fine on my ls swapped jeep too.

Excellent work to all involved!
Windsma
cars: 67 Camaro

Post by Windsma »

more .xdf 's can be found here. (Custom OS has speed density 3bar, 2step etc)
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... mented24x7
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Release #4 is ready for testing!

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... 9.01.16.02

The biggest improvement in this release is that the app will prevent you from writing if the operating system in the PCM doesn't match the operating system in the file you have selected.

If you run it while connected to the internet, it will check github for a new release. Ordinarily it will just say "Thank you for using PCM Hammer" when it starts up, but when have a new release that will change to something like "Hey, we have a new release!"
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Windsma

Post by Windsma »

5 days ago I pulled a PCM to learn to flash
Today the allpro was delivered, my bench flash rig is done.
Read my first PCM (13.23 min)
Modified the .bin in tuner pro
Wrote .bin (3.36min)
Read PCM to verify..

Works perfect. Thank you

( I did have a issue at first with selecting the COM. (just said select.. and mock port) but i think after the allpro booted it was detected. )
Now to get brave and flash the custom OS
Last edited by Windsma on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You wont be able to because os flashing isnt supported and just the cal will be blocked because of the osid mismatch on pcmhammer 004 and above. If you use earlier versions it either wont have extra features on the old os, or it'll soft brick. We can let you know when were ready to test os flashing if tour keen to live on the edge?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Windsma

Post by Windsma »

One of my end goals was to flash a base tune for a turbo 5.3.
I may test it if you say go ahead.. I think the PCM is uner warranty for 2 more days :think:
I would use the COS3 from this post on gearhead-efi
COS have a variety of additional functionality. Generally a COS1 is the same as the original GM Operating System, with the exception of being able to operate in Speed Density mode (i.e. no MAF) while maintaining the use of High Octane Spark function.

Generally a COS3 has all the features of a COS1, plus the additional feature of supporting Forced Induction (i.e. boost) up to 3 BAR.
Attached Files Attached Files
File Type: xdf COS 1 - 1250001 - 512Kb PCM - based on 12202088 - 2001 model year.xdf (609.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: xdf COS 3 - 1290003 - 512Kb PCM - based on 12225074 - 2001 to 2004 Holden model years.xdf (622.7 KB, 15 views)