PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc . Circa 1999 to 2006. All VPW OBD2 PCMs.
User avatar
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby Gampy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:18 pm

osiguru wrote:Good news!

I got a good bin out of my PCM tonight.
It took a while to get downloaded with a OBDLINK-SX cable. Looking forward to getting a 4x interface.

osiguru, What's the Service number and Hardware number for this PCM?

Thanks
Temporary is a permanent problem!

Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:30 am
Location: TX USA

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby MudDuck514 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:35 pm

160plus wrote:I would have liked to bring this up under better circumstances but an far better alternative to the Allpro has been in the works for some time now.

I have been working with Envious Customs on the development of a tool that could be priced similar to the Allpro but offer AVT 852 level of performance.

While we don't have any thing ready for prime time yet we have developed a number of proto types over the last couple of months while we refined the design and improved performance.

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the prototypes we've been through so far.

Hi all,

Pete, what brand IC are you planning to use for the USB interface?
Not sure if you are aware of the fact that ONLY the FTDI chips are natively supported in the Android OS. COULD be why your app has been unable to communicate with the AllPro as it is using the CH340!

Mike
Last edited by MudDuck514 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:46 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby osiguru » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Service Number 12602801
Hardware Number 12589161

GM WEB-VIN decode says this:

12613246 - Operating system PCM
15107481 - Operating system BCM

Anyone have an XDF to work this in TunerPro?

Gampy wrote:
osiguru wrote:Good news!

I got a good bin out of my PCM tonight.
It took a while to get downloaded with a OBDLINK-SX cable. Looking forward to getting a 4x interface.

osiguru, What's the Service number and Hardware number for this PCM?

Thanks

User avatar
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby Gampy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:13 pm

osiguru wrote:I ran out of light and it was raining so I didn't get SN/HN's
I'll grab the other details with my tech2 tomorrow after work.

GM WEB-VIN decode says this:

12613246 - Operating system PCM
15107481 - Operating system BCM
That is incorrect, that is the current OS for that application not necessarily what is on the PCM.

The OS of the uploaded bin is: 12606807

Not sure if the Service number and Hardware number are available via. Tech2 ... Something I would definitely like to know.
Though one would think they would/should be ...
Temporary is a permanent problem!

Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:46 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby osiguru » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:27 pm

What are you using to extract the os# from the bin?
I don't have a XDF to look at my bin right now. Are you using something other than TunerPRO?

I'd like to start poking around..
Service Number 12602801
Hardware Number 12589161

User avatar
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby Gampy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:54 pm

osiguru wrote:What are you using to extract the os# from the bin?
I don't have a XDF to look at my bin right now. Are you using something other than TunerPRO?

I'd like to start poking around..
Service Number 12602801
Hardware Number 12589161
Thank you. (it appears you added them to the other post while I was typing)

My own tool, no xdf or TunerPro.

Did you get the Service Number and Hardware Number off the sticker?
I really would like to know if Tech2 can give that info.
Temporary is a permanent problem!

Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:46 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby osiguru » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Yes the numbers are off the stickers.
It's too rainy, but I'm pretty sure the tech2 will get the service numbers.

I initially bought it to work on a 2012 Equinox (had a bizarre BCM problem that was messing up the STABILI-TRAC system, the steering angle sensor and and A/C controls)
I'm just starting to use it on the LQ4. Not sure what I'm doing yet to be honest.

Posts: 3206
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby Dylan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Cheers Kents

Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:46 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby osiguru » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Gampy wrote:
osiguru wrote:What are you using to extract the os# from the bin?
I don't have a XDF to look at my bin right now. Are you using something other than TunerPRO?

I'd like to start poking around..
Service Number 12602801
Hardware Number 12589161
Thank you. (it appears you added them to the other post while I was typing)

My own tool, no xdf or TunerPro.

Did you get the Service Number and Hardware Number off the sticker?
I really would like to know if Tech2 can give that info.


So, I found my VIN starting @0x6021 dump, can you help me figure out where to go next?
31 47 43 48 36 33 35 55 39 36 31 32 35 31 31 33 37 32 0A
Attachments
vin-cap-hex.PNG
vin-cap-hex.PNG (15.53 KiB) Viewed 1025 times

Site Admin
Online
User avatar
Posts: 6340
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Postby antus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Efilive v7.5.x in trial mode will open bin files and tell you about the contents, but it will not save back to bin format. Its a good tool for testing and learning about reads and while those reading this thread probably are not looking for a tool from one of the big players - if you did want something more capable and with support for many more and newer types of pcms i'd recommend efilive as a company who have a good attitude and dont rip their customers off like some big players.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

PreviousNext

Return to GM LS1 512Kbyte and 1Mbyte

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tinker and 4 guests