PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
jfitzy
cars: VX SS
DLX Rodeo 2.8TD

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by jfitzy »

Gampy wrote:
jfitzy wrote: [08:23:29:094] OS ID: 1273003
It has a Custom OS on it ...

What can I do about reading it?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

jfitzy wrote:What can I do about reading it?
Revert it back to a GM Os with the proprietary application that wrote it.

I assume this is a new version of HP Tuners??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
jfitzy
DLX Rodeo 2.8TD

Post by jfitzy »

Gampy wrote:
jfitzy wrote:What can I do about reading it?
Revert it back to a GM Os with the proprietary application that wrote it.

I assume this is a new version of HP Tuners??
Negative, it's an 0411 delco with os 2088 on the label but this is the os that's on the pcm apparently, ive had it tuned but I'm not happy with a few things so wanted to dig around in there and see what's been done.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

jfitzy wrote:Negative, it's an 0411 delco with os 2088 on the label but this is the os that's on the pcm apparently, ive had it tuned but I'm not happy with a few things so wanted to dig around in there and see what's been done.
Actually I believe it's Delphi, it may very well of originally had OsID 12202088, however it now has OsID 1273003 and I'm pretty sure that is an HP Tuners 3Bar COS.
Regardless, it's been tuned, that is whom has control.

I'm sure if one had the resources, time, intelligence they could RE the issue and get around their attempt to prevent piracy, even if I did have the intelligence it would not be on my todo list. (at least publicly)
Or use a different technique. Like USB BDM NT.
Getting the binary off is the easy part, understanding that binary is a tough mountain to climb ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
jfitzy
DLX Rodeo 2.8TD

Post by jfitzy »

Gampy wrote:
jfitzy wrote:Negative, it's an 0411 delco with os 2088 on the label but this is the os that's on the pcm apparently, ive had it tuned but I'm not happy with a few things so wanted to dig around in there and see what's been done.
Actually I believe it's Delphi, it may very well of originally had OsID 12202088, however it now has OsID 1273003 and I'm pretty sure that is an HP...

Sorry if I seem simple but if I have the correct .adx file to translate the .bin file in TunerPro then I'm in is that right? Otherwise is there a way to flash a stock 2088 .bin to the pcm then start from scratch?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

jfitzy wrote:Sorry if I seem simple but if I have the correct .adx file to translate the .bin file in TunerPro then I'm in is that right? Otherwise is there a way to flash a stock 2088 .bin to the pcm then start from scratch?
No problem ... All's good.
I am not a real TunerPro user, but as I understand it the .adx is for communications.
It would be the .xdf that describes the layout of the binary, and yes if you had an .xdf for that OS that would get you what you most likely want, once you got the binary off.

I am not sure of all the avenues you have, I know of only 2, 1) The Application that wrote it, 2) The USB BDM NT device.
IMO A BDM (US$50) is not worth it, but that also depends on where in the world you are and the value of a 0411 in your area and what your end goals are, a BDM is mighty sweet thing to have.
Some are hardwiring them into their PCM's and using them to tune thru because they are SUPER FAST.
Either permanently or temporarily you still have to open the Pcm and solder it in or fixup a jig to hold probes on solder points ... See here USB BDM NT for an example of a sweet homemade professional setup from a professional DIY'er ... :thumbup:
There are simpler setups, CRS has me at the moment and I cannot find the other thread.
Last edited by Gampy on Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

What they are trying to tell you is that even IF you managed to pull a copy of the OS, there is NO way to edit the file generated because there is no .xdf file for that OS to use in Tuner Pro.
The .adx is for data logging not editing, and the ELM .adx isn't very good for that purpose so NSFW has created a data logging app.

Mike

p.s. If you have a Bluetooth OBDLink device and not the USB version, you MAY be able to use LSDroid to pull the bin, but you still can't edit it due to the lack of an .xdf.
You may want to look at post number 4 in this thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... g-Software
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

MudDuck514 wrote:p.s. If you have a Bluetooth OBDLink device and not the USB version, you MAY be able to use LSDroid to pull the bin, but you still can't edit it due to the lack of an .xdf.
You may want to look at post number 4 in this thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... g-Software
I suspect those Os's are completely different.

Not sure LSDroid would do that either, 1) The technique used, 2) the legality.

MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

Gampy, I agree with you 100%.
I DID notice that the .xdf used a different number, but it may still work - who knows.

As for the legality, I am NOT a lawyer so this is only my opinion:
I don't see why it would be illegal to edit a file that came on a PCM that you own, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to edit the STOCK OS!
I'm sure that GM had issues with Hp Tuners, EFILive etc " infringing" in their territory in the first place and those companies are still around!
Distributing the COS file is another story.

Mike
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Yea, I ain't no lawyer either and more importantly I want no truck with one ... So, I'll just stay away from those slippery slopes and die happy If I never meet another!

With that said, I don't disagree Mike, I completely agree, you own it you should be able to do what you want with it ... but that does vary on what part of the world you are in.

However, that does not stop a company like HPT from sicking their dogs on you ... Maybe to no end other then to financially drown you in legal fees or tie you up in court.