What OBD2 message to clear a P1518 code and MIL?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

What OBD2 message to clear a P1518 code and MIL?

Post by NSFW »

Flashing a PCM with the PCM Hammer app right now will cause a P1518 code and light up the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL). Apparently it is triggered by the throttle module after it doesn't hear anything from the PCM for a while, so it's not really a surprise that flashing the PCM causes it.

I'm looking for a message that the app can send to clear that code and turn off the MIL.

I've tried sending these two, twice each, with no luck:
68 6A F0 04
6C FE F0 14

If anyone knows of something else I should try, I'd love to hear it.

This code doesn't affect the way the engine runs, and it goes away after 3 ignition cycles, but I'd rather get rid of it after the flash completes, so users don't end up thinking there's something wrong. Apparently TunerCats is able to get rid of it, so I'm sure we can too, I just don't know what message to send.

Thanks in advance!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NSFW

Re: What OBD2 message to clear a P1518 code and MIL?

Post by NSFW »

Despite making no apparent progress on this, I reflashed my car last weekend and did not get the P1518 code.

Go figure.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!