Allpro USB adapter setup

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: Allpro USB adapter setup

Post by Gampy »

antus wrote:but using a faulty interface is dangerous so im not that inclined to do so. :(
I'll will most definitely wholeheartedly second that ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Alex is going to test it - I sent it off today. Hopefully he can sort it for me.
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Alex received it - said there was nothing wrong with it and refunded me the price less postage. I'm not sure what to believe.

Quite annoyed being out of pocket $35 or so on postage both ways.

At least I got some money back anyway I suppose...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

well your screen shot is there saying that there was a wiring fault..... i guess alex wasnt charging enough to put in the time for all the questions and support he was having to do as hes just bailed out of the allpro completely :( That sucks. Its still open source hardware, maybe someone else will come along, otherwise you'll have to pick another supported interface and try again. I dont really know what to recommend as im not supplying any of them and I dont know what people are selling out there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

From what I can tell, the OBDLink SX is currently the least expensive SUPPORTED USB device available.
It is just not able to run in 4x Mode, therefore it will be slower.
http://www.obdlink.com/sxusb/

Mike
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Yeah cheers guys. Already got one of the obdlink tools and it works fine. But did want the 4x - that's why I purchased the allpro in the first place. The fact that the obdlink tool worked and the allpro didn't pretty much confirmed to me that the allpro was faulty.

I noticed another member mentioned he'd been working on another interface in the pcmhammer thread- so I'll wait for him to release that I think.