Ls Droid - Android BT Pcm flashing P01&P59 Cal+OS+ Clone

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
flyn-brian
cars: No cars in shed. My cars sit outside. But if you must Know my daily driver is an 05 Avalanche

Re: Ls Droid - Android BT Pcm flashing P01&P59 Cal+OS+ Clone

Post by flyn-brian »

Man oh man I need this app I have several android devices I could try it on and 1 blue tooth dongle from a Launch Pro s Mini. .....There I go again. Opening my big mouth. I just realized I already had the app. Now to put it on a device. :typist:
Last edited by flyn-brian on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I code therefore I am.
160plus

Post by 160plus »

MudDuck514 wrote:Hi all,

Pete thanks for the response. Guess I'll need to cobble something together using the chip I have. (STN1110 28-pin DIP)
From what I can tell from the OBDSolutions website (https://www.obdsol.com/solutions/chips/) they technically make 3 chips:
STN1110, STN1170, and STN2120 with the STN1110 chip not having built-in CANBUS support for GM Single-Wire CAN or FORD Medium-Speed CAN (SW-CAN and MS-CAN).
I THINK that I read somewhere that the STN113x and STN115x is what sScanTool uses to ID the particular device it is in. BUT I could be wrong.

Mike
They have several other chips they use for devices other then what they sell as standalone chips like the STN1100. Before you spend the time tring to build the circuit for the chip you might want to email them and ask them how large the buffer on that particular chip is. The Obdlink Sx buffer is a good bit smaller then the Lx or Mx devices so its possible the 1100 may also have a smaller buffer.

FYI the STN1100 are 3.3 volt chips so plan accordingly if you do decide to build the circuit for it.
commodorenut
cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )

Post by commodorenut »

Hi Pete,
I have an OBDLINK MX here and over 100 pcm's .
Let me know if you need anyone to help with some testing
160plus

Post by 160plus »

The Read and Write versions of the app are being combined. I've created a simple slide out menu that should be easy to navigate while proving more options then I could have done with a button based UI. The options avaible in the menu change from general app navigation to read or write specific menu's once you've connected to a BT device. This also prevents changing screens in the app while a read or write is in progress as an extra precaution.

The read app has been rewritten from the ground up since it had a number of bugs created by updates to Android over the last year and I learned a great deal while I was working on the write side of the app over the past couple of months.

It's still got a little more work but it's just about reading for prime-time :punk:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7gLwb2Afyw[/youtube]
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Awesome man well done
160plus

Post by 160plus »

Read support for most V6's is now working, still need to do some work on the 96-99 unlock algorithm. Looks like most 96-05 FWD V6 pcm's and some 06/07 pcm's will be supported by the app.

The big news is the app now has read support for the 01-04 LB7 Dirymax and most likely the 04-06 LLY duramax as well :mrgreen:

Even though I had V6 read working a couple weeks before the Duramax it looks like I'll have Calibration and OS flashing working on the Duramax before any type of flashing on the FWD V6 stuff just due to how the V6 OS and Cal data segments are laid out.

It's very likely I will also be able to add read/write support for the 97/98 LS1 cars as well as the black box vortec pcm's but those are still a ways out at this point.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIQbjKr3Xw[/youtube]
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all;

Pete this is wonderful news!
I have a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer with the Vortec V6 (Black Box PCM), A pair of '0411 PCM's for the S-Series SUVs, and a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero with the LA1 3400 V6.
My friend has a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 with the LQ4 6.0l V8 and is also interested in this app.

Mike

p.s. any updates on the interface?
160plus

Post by 160plus »

MudDuck514 wrote:Hi all;

Pete this is wonderful news!
I have a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer with the Vortec V6 (Black Box PCM), A pair of '0411 PCM's for the S-Series SUVs, and a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero with the LA1 3400 V6.
My friend has a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 with the LQ4 6.0l V8 and is also interested in this app.

Mike

p.s. any updates on the interface?
We are have what should be the last design revision for the pcb made up currently. If all goes well in testing we should have something reading a couple weeks after testing is finished.
160plus

Post by 160plus »

Ls Droid is now in open beta....
Currently only read is enabled for the P01/P59, 98-05 V6(exact coverage unknown) and the 2001 -2004 LB7.

Once I'm confident there aren't any major hickups I will enable ALL forms or write on the P01 and P59. V6 and Lb7 flash are still in the development stage.

This is the last version of the app you'll ever need. All future updates can be done from within the app. As the app is updated things may change that you don't like So I've decided to make avaible ALL previous versions of Ls Droid that are stable from this point on and can also be downloaded from with in the app.

For those that are feeling daring I've also included the P01/P59 Alpha Write version(Can be downloaded from with in the Beta app) This version was in testing for the last 4 months and only had a couple of users run into issues BUT I would strongly advise against using it on your daily driver as it does have some bugs.... and does not play nice with some vehicles. I am no longer offering support for this version of the app so if you run into trouble with it your going to be on your own.

Ls Droid is currently ONLY compatible with the Obdlink Lx, Mx and Mx+ Bluetooth devices. However a new tool will be supported in the near future that is more then 4x's faster then any of the Obdlink devices and also costs a bit less less :)
LsDroidBetaRelease.jpg
LsDroidBetaRelease.jpg (72.24 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
You can email me about any bugs or issues you run into.....
feedback@ls-droid.com
160plus

Post by 160plus »

Ls Droid has been updated to BetaV0.2.0

To update your current version of Ls Droid Beta V0.1.9 just open the app, let it run its startup check and select Download Ls Droid Beta V0.2.0 right under the header. The link will download the file from Google drive and start the Android package installer.

The new version will NOT overwrite your existing version of Ls Droid Beta, it will be installed as Ls Droid Beta V0.2.0

You can also find the installer link in the download area on the home screen along with a a link to the update notes of whats changed/been done.

P01 and P59 flashing is now enabled ! ! ! ! ! !
Calibration flashing......
OS flashing.......
Pcm Cloning.......

If you run into trouble flashing or have questions feel free to send an email to feedback@ls-droid.com

This is still a very early Beta version and bugs are possible.... so keep that in mind before you run out and flash your daily driver......