2016 GM - Program Option into BCM?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
mikemaat
cars: 2016 GMC Sierra

2016 GM - Program Option into BCM?

Post by mikemaat »

I wasn't sure which sub forum to post this in, so mods feel free to move it if necessary.

Ill try to keep this as brief as possible. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra pickup truck. It did not come with the Lane Keep Assist (LKAS) option. From what I have gathered, the only hardware difference is the addition of the forward facing camera, the rest is all programming.

I'm involved in a community effort to port an application/device called OpenPilot by Comma.ai to the GM trucks. OpenPilot leverages the LKAS in modern vehicles to drive them semi-autonomously. I have gotten all the functions of OpenPilot working with my truck (engages uses the cruise control button, plays the factory chimes for warnings, etc.), but the only thing it wont do is physically steer the vehicle. To use OpenPilot (which we already have working on a Yukon) you actually unplug the factory front facing camera. So that eliminates the only hardware difference between my truck and a truck with the option. The truck still has the electronic power steering, etc. It seems that I just need to be able to enable the option in the BCM for this all to work.

This leads me here. I have a GM MDI and TDS subscription, and have tried contacting AC Delco for a VCI to add the Lane Keep Assist option, but 'GM Brand Quality' refuses to issue one. For that matter, they wont issue a VCI for nearly any option that your vehicle didn't come with from factory. From what I have read, the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) already has all the various calibrations resident in memory, but decides which one to use on startup by querying the BCM. So it sounds like all Ill need to do is enable the feature/option in the BCM itself.

Does anyone have any experience doing BCM programming on the Global A platform or module reprogramming without a VCI number? Any helpful links/resources you could point me to?
th3magpi3
cars: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500

Re: 2016 GM - Program Option into BCM?

Post by th3magpi3 »

I can do the programming for you. Send me a pm or email me th3magpi3@gmail.com

I'm a custom programmer for these vehicles. Find my work on the gm-trucks.com forums. Happy to help you, as this seems like a really interesting project that I'd also be interested in participating in.

I encourage you to reach out, this seems cool and I'm happy to help.
Lazz

Post by Lazz »

Gm wont release a new VCI on any newer vehicles since its considered Certified by ASE and adopted by GM standards. It has become a liability issue. However there still is a work around and is a PIA. Get your hands on a cracked copy GDS2 software and clone the BCM. Modify the contents and reflash the BCM with it out of the truck. I breifly looked at a .bin file on a simular year truck and only 4 lines of code need to be changed so when its reflashed it wont brick the module on you. If you try to do it in vehicle there is a possibility the telemetrics and programming of other modules will lock out as you cant reinitialze the handshake and render the truck non drivable.
Cracked software is only available on the darkweb and you cant search for it through traditional means. GL
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

We dont recommend, support or supply cracked software on pcmhacking. I'll leave the post up but I recommend that you dont use cracked software. Chances are you'll end up with malware on your PC and other problems.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396