WARNING HP Tuners MPV1 DEAD

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: WARNING HP Tuners MPV1 DEAD

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ahh thanks I started watching it & then skipped back into a few bits & seemed like it was all about that, was back in Nov last year so I assumed it couldn't be to relevant.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

RE: "which was bricked from using hacked software". I disagree with this conclusion my MPVI was bricked and I certainly was not using cracked software. I have a full LS1 license from very early HP Tuners days (serial dongle) .

I do know of workshops that are still using the MPVI dongle and current software that do not have any problems. I also know of other people that have also had their dongles corrupted by using later software (not using cracked software) by automatically having the kill firmware upgraded as was mine. I eventually succumbed and upgraded to the MPVI2 which in my opinion was their objective from day one to address the potential of the cracked software issue.

It appears that if you are continually buying licenses then your dongle will not be corrupted by the automatic firmware upgrade, however if you are not regularly buying licenses corruption will occur resulting in a dead MPVI.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

Yortt wrote:This may interest those still using HP Tuners MPVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAa-0l1FHSg
It was better than MAFS lol
julespatch

Post by julespatch »

I just brought my unrecoverable brick back to life.
It wouldn't go into programming mode when trying to downgrade with older software no matter what I tried.
Happy days.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What was the trick that worked?
julespatch

Post by julespatch »

recoeverd it
Last edited by julespatch on Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

NICE WORK, I'm sure plenty will be grateful for this!
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

So, after reading this, I'm confused. I have three laptops that use my mpv1. I have newest version 4.4x I believe on two, and 3.xx on another. I recently used the 3.xx version without issue, and using 4.4x have been opening old files probably made with 2.xx and 3.xx and never had any problems ( not certain of 2.xx but have owned this for prob 7 or 8 years). Have flashed with it without issue, and will check my firmware version out of curiosity, but haven't had any problems. I bought my cable used and transferred it through hptuners to me, but otherwise nothing unique. Just sharing my experience. Interesting that someone stated if you haven't bought credits recently it would brick, I wonder if it reported back the key, and they knew if they issued it.

Btw, this was a good read https://casetext.com/case/hp-tuners-llc ... -bonnett-2
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

I've got a fried MPVI1 atm and looking to replace it with another MPVI1 if anybody has a spare they would part with......?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

hsv08 wrote:I've got a fried MPVI1 atm and looking to replace it with another MPVI1 if anybody has a spare they would part with......?
you didn't have any luck sending it out to be fixed? that's too bad..