WARNING HP Tuners MPV1 DEAD

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Yortt

WARNING HP Tuners MPV1 DEAD

Post by Yortt »

A warning to anyone using HP Tuners be careful when using the dongle while connected to the internet as it may automatically update the dongle firmware causing them to fail (does not give an option to decline). https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.p ... i-pro-dead
Gareth

Re: WARNING HP Tuners MPV1 DEAD

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

nice way to force a hardware upgrade...
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Tre-Cool wrote:nice way to force a hardware upgrade...
History shows this is their normal mode of operation. They are greedy without scruples.

When the backwards incompatible MPVI2 (v4.0 software) came out, I got banned (and deleted) from their site for warning people about allowing their MPVI1 to connect home because sooner or later it will be disabled.

There is no reason for acts such as these except pure GREED!

Before long your door knob manufacture is going to charge you per use to enter your own home!

Feed the beast, The beast gets bigger!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats just shit.
80gus

Post by 80gus »

I was playing around with a particular ecu with the completely wrong file on it once not compatible like really wrong file, and found a way to crash the firmware on the cable, had to use a different PC and then i loaded it again with 2.24, away happy, i did this a few times!!. i don't have said ecu anymore can point you in the direction of what i did if you wont to try and revive your cable.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

80gus wrote:I was playing around with a particular ecu with the completely wrong file on it once not compatible like really wrong file, and found a way to crash the firmware on the cable, had to use a different PC and then i loaded it again with 2.24, away happy, i did this a few times!!. i don't have said ecu anymore can point you in the direction of what i did if you wont to try and revive your cable.
Thanks for the post, PM sent.
160plus

Post by 160plus »

As a conciliation prize for those that have run into issues or had their V1 locked out there is a bright side, at least for the moment.

The current version of their software(current as of last week) for the V2 has a HUGE bug, the type of thing people get fired over :shock:

Hook up an unlicensed P01 or P59 on a bench harness and setup the software to do a full flash with a licensed file.....now turning it off and then turning it back on (the bench harness)

As soon as you turn it back on(the bench harness) start the flash, you have a 1-2 second window after you turn the Pcm back on to start the flash :thumbup:

Enjoy your newly licensed pcm :punk:

The file you flashed that was licensed will be written onto the pcm and all the licensing details of the file you used will also be written into the PCM :afro:

You can now flash this Pcm using normal methods.

This method also works on the E38, T42 and E67...possibly others as well. The primary difference is only modules 1-6 are written during the flash meaning the licensing details are not transferred into the PCM the same as on the P01/P59.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for the tip :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

or you could just get a hold of the hacked versions of hpt that have the licensing bypassed entirely...