GitHub repo for XDFs

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: GitHub repo for XDFs

Post by kur4o »

Snoman002 wrote: Its one-by-one for each file but I have the putting the info in down to a few clicks of copy-paste. I did use universal patcher (PCMBinBuilder actually) however it supports less formats then EFI live, so now yet again I'm looking at changing the details structure.
You really need to switch to the universal patcher. It is upgraded from pcm builder and is much more advanced. It can give you more details about the file, Is it stock based on GM cvn list vs p/n and also can rip multiple files with single click and save it to text file.

It also support most of the popular gm pcms and you can expand the library later with different pcms.
Snoman002
cars: 2005 Quadrasteer
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

kur4o wrote:
Snoman002 wrote: Its one-by-one for each file but I have the putting the info in down to a few clicks of copy-paste. I did use universal patcher (PCMBinBuilder actually) however it supports less formats then EFI live, so now yet again I'm looking at changing the details structure.
You really need to switch to the universal patcher. It is upgraded from pcm builder and is much more advanced. It can give you more details about the file, Is it stock based on GM cvn list vs p/n and also can rip multiple files with single click and save it to text file.

It also support most of the popular gm pcms and you can expand the library later with different pcms.
Err, uh yeah, about that.

Downloaded the exe and when I try and load a bin I get "index out of range". I only spent a minute looking to see what the issue might be. I happened across a thread that said there was an xml issue but since its a stand alone executable there wasn't an XML folder to drop them into.

Looking at it now I'm guessing you have to download the xmls then load them in within a different screen? Honestly, it wasn't readily apparent as to how to use the software so I quickly looked for a different solution.

Just go ahead and ignore that... For some reason I was overthinking it, I didn't download the whole repository, just the exe itself. I will mess with it and see if it works for me.
Last edited by Snoman002 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snoman002
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

NSFW wrote:On the one hand, volunteer-driven open source projects are prone to abandonment as the people involve get sidetracked by other things in their lives. On the other hand, GitHub makes forking very very easy... :)

I'm happy to add links to multiple bin/xdf repos in the PCM Hammer wiki and docs, and let users decide which one best suits their needs.

I'm not too worried about GM making copyright claims, for a bunch of reasons. But I do think we should be very careful about (I mean, take great pains to avoid) having any HPTuners or EFI Live bits in the repo.

I understand the abandonment issue, all too much actually since I cannot get ahold of the guy who built much of what I started with.

I fear your last comment... I have, for now, processed in some EFI Live files (stock Bins) and was planning on continuing with the effort. Has there been issues in the past with these companies? I understand the concern with custom OS's, but are they particular about even stock operating systems or tunes? Note, these are direct EFI Live files themselves, not Bins of EFI Live tunes.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Snoman002 wrote:
NSFW wrote: I fear your last comment... I have, for now, processed in some EFI Live files (stock Bins) and was planning on continuing with the effort. Has there been issues in the past with these companies? I understand the concern with custom OS's, but are they particular about even stock operating systems or tunes? Note, these are direct EFI Live files themselves, not Bins of EFI Live tunes.
I'm not aware of any interaction at all between the open source community and HPT or EFI but this open source stuff is still very new. I don't think the past is a good indicator of the future. :)

For files that have a stock OS and a custom tune, I don't think EFI or HPT have any IP in the file, however the person who did the custom tune has contributed some IP to the calibration segment. So I think the key thing is to get permission from whoever did the tune before distributing the file that contains the tune.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

Hi guyz. I've found one modified BIN 03_Sierra_LM7_4L60E_DBW_OS12587603.bin on BoredTruckOwner github repo.
https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/LS_B ... b/Modified

But there is no description to this file. Maybe there is owner of the car in this topic present? I'm interested if this BIN from stock car or with mods?
I'd like to see some description. What was made in this BIN
xdfbuilder

Post by xdfbuilder »

Here are some XDFs I have created for the 12592433 OSID, as used in most Holden P59 applications 2004-2006. It heavily based on the 12587603 XDF for the P59 by LRT. Huge thanks to him to building the XDF layout with the nice colors etc. The same identifiers are retained, this greatly helps with comparing between data in different OS with the same series of XDFs. @BoardTruckOwner feel free to include these in your gitlab repo.
Attachments
12592433-imperial.xdf
(604.74 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
12592433-metric.xdf
(597.66 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Woo Freaking Hoo xdfbuilder ... Thank you!

Beers around!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Snoman002
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

xdfbuilder wrote:Here are some XDFs I have created for the 12592433 OSID, as used in most Holden P59 applications 2004-2006. It heavily based on the 12587603 XDF for the P59 by LRT. Huge thanks to him to building the XDF layout with the nice colors etc. The same identifiers are retained, this greatly helps with comparing between data in different OS with the same series of XDFs. @BoardTruckOwner feel free to include these in your gitlab repo.
Thank you for these.

I have added them to my repo since BoredTruckOwner has appeared to have gone offline
https://github.com/Snoman002/Engine-Tun ... e-TunerCat