GitHub repo for XDFs

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Snoman002
cars: 2005 Quadrasteer
2009 US Spec VXR8

Re: GitHub repo for XDFs

Post by Snoman002 »

Attempt at organizing the repo available below.
https://github.com/Snoman002/Bin-Test-One

Note, the structure will be a little flatter and the vehicle details are lost from the file names. This is for a reason, use the search function at the top left of to search the repository for your specific term.

Note, only a handful of BINs have been moved. I am manually adding the details by pulling vin info from online, and a variety of items out of tunerpro.
Snoman002
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

Snoman002 wrote:Attempt at organizing the repo available below.
https://github.com/Snoman002/Bin-Test-One

Note, the structure will be a little flatter and the vehicle details are lost from the file names. This is for a reason, use the search function at the top left of to search the repository for your specific term.

Note, only a handful of BINs have been moved. I am manually adding the details by pulling vin info from online, and a variety of items out of tunerpro.

P59 Series loaded

Bin specifics are now searchable
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I like what you're doing, Snoman002.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Snoman002
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

NSFW wrote:I like what you're doing, Snoman002.
Sadly my efforts only serve to segment the community more. BoredTruckOwner seems offline, so how do we bring this back together?
B52Bombardier1
cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

I think, not sure but maybe some intellectual property aspects of what was stored at the repository might have sidetracked his efforts. At least that was my take on what I saw at GITHUB.

Rick
Snoman002
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

B52Bombardier1 wrote:I think, not sure but maybe some intellectual property aspects of what was stored at the repository might have sidetracked his efforts. At least that was my take on what I saw at GITHUB.

Rick
Yeah, I saw there was some discussion on files that contained custom operating systems out of the other major tuners. I found a few of those in some of the forks but for now have only copied the main repo which I believed he cleaned of any custom operating systems.

New files uploaded today, I gained access to another massive google docs repository. Mostly HPT files but some bins and EFI Live files that I'm currently processing.

On the back of my mind is a schema to structure the bin/tune specifics, things like cal info and vehicle specifics. XML comes to mind first, something that can be scraped and parsed, just not sure the best format. Happy to hear any thoughs.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Maybe something like Joukoy's universal patcher that could write out an xml file for each bin? Year and engine code from vin, OS, segment ID's, CVN's can be tagged if stock or not, etc.. Don't want the bin modified but maybe each bin in a folder with the xml that describes it?? I have no idea how much work this would be to automate it??

Um, lol.. I just took a look at your github, I guess I shoulda done that first.. Looks like your doing pretty much everything I just suggested.. Excellent!!!

Are you doing this by hand for each bin? or have you already automated this?
Snoman002
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

ironduke wrote:Maybe something like Joukoy's universal patcher that could write out an xml file for each bin? Year and engine code from vin, OS, segment ID's, CVN's can be tagged if stock or not, etc.. Don't want the bin modified but maybe each bin in a folder with the xml that describes it?? I have no idea how much work this would be to automate it??

Um, lol.. I just took a look at your github, I guess I shoulda done that first.. Looks like your doing pretty much everything I just suggested.. Excellent!!!

Are you doing this by hand for each bin? or have you already automated this?
Its one-by-one for each file but I have the putting the info in down to a few clicks of copy-paste. I did use universal patcher (PCMBinBuilder actually) however it supports less formats then EFI live, so now yet again I'm looking at changing the details structure.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I think, not sure but maybe some intellectual property aspects of what was stored at the repository
I think the only one that can claim this is GM and if someone modifies it it's not legally theirs.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

On the one hand, volunteer-driven open source projects are prone to abandonment as the people involve get sidetracked by other things in their lives. On the other hand, GitHub makes forking very very easy... :)

I'm happy to add links to multiple bin/xdf repos in the PCM Hammer wiki and docs, and let users decide which one best suits their needs.

I'm not too worried about GM making copyright claims, for a bunch of reasons. But I do think we should be very careful about (I mean, take great pains to avoid) having any HPTuners or EFI Live bits in the repo.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!