GitHub repo for XDFs

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: GitHub repo for XDFs

Post by Gampy »

Antus, Thank you for your time.

I have read someplace that there is intentionally enough capacitance (if that's the right word) built into these units to be able to gracefully shutdown on total power loss, that includes writing fault codes.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah there it'll run for short moment with a complete power down, but you still need to ignition off with b+ live to update the flash. When I first wrote the vin change in ls1 flash free I was power cycling the bench PSU and the change was not persisting until I disconnected the key wire and left b+ live to allow it to shutdown cleanly.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

A user from LS1Tech stepped up to create a repo. It's private so far, but I had a look inside and I like where it's going.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnost ... itory.html
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

all p01 files work on all po1 pcms, only variation on p59 is intel or amd chip. amd pcm can only take amd file intel can only take intel.

after 03 the the iac drive only came on van and v6 p59s. www.lt1swap.com has a full list of the iac drive compatible pcms
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:only variation on p59 is intel or amd chip. amd pcm can only take amd file intel can only take intel.
Sorry, that is incorrect ...

Operating systems from units with the Intel flash chip cannot be used on units with the Amd flash chip.
However, Operating systems from the Amd chipped units do in fact have Intel flash code and can be used on the Intel chipped units.

From a Flash point of view ...
Vampyre wrote:after 03 the the iac drive only came on van and v6 p59s. http://www.lt1swap.com has a full list of the iac drive compatible pcms
This is also incorrect, the 2004 Corvette & GTO use Hardware #12583659, it has IAC.

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
jlvaldez
cars: '01 - Corvette Z06
'20 - Sierra Denali
'03 - Volvo S80 T6
'16 - Accord V6

Post by jlvaldez »

Gampy wrote:
Vampyre wrote:only variation on p59 is intel or amd chip. amd pcm can only take amd file intel can only take intel.
Sorry, that is incorrect ...

Operating systems from units with the Intel flash chip cannot be used on units with the Amd flash chip.
However, Operating systems from the Amd chipped units do in fact have Intel flash code and can be used on the Intel chipped units.

From a Flash point of view ...
Vampyre wrote:after 03 the the iac drive only came on van and v6 p59s. http://www.lt1swap.com has a full list of the iac drive compatible pcms
This is also incorrect, the 2004 Corvette & GTO use Hardware #12583659, it has IAC.

-Enjoy
Weird, so they had the hardware on board for the IAC, even though all C5s and GTOs were DBW? Interesting, I did not know that.
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

The 2004 GTO was DBC, 05-06 GTO changed over to the E40 ECM. The reason for the IAC hardware PCM on the C5 was due to the analog AC circuitry. From my research only the PCM's with IAC drivers also got the circuitry for the analog AC request input.

So from the consensus above it appears the '9405 and equivalent OS's are intended for only the Intel chips while the rest are interchangeable to all P59's.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

The repo is open!

https://github.com/BoredTruckOwner/LS_B ... Repository

If you have things to add, please send a pull request. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

A lot to remember on these Blue/Green P59's, thanks for the link to the repository. I think I have it all noted now :wall:

Does PcmHammer012 check for Intel/AMD before cloning? I probably should ask this in the 012 thread, maybe I missed it there.

I hope ShorTuning doesn't mind, I edited the picture he posted earlier in this thread with the description for IAC.
PCM Service and Hardware No._B.JPG
PCM Service and Hardware No._B.JPG (29.75 KiB) Viewed 4962 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

In order to write to a chip it must first be identified ... So yes, PcmHammer does know what chip it is Cloning!

That does not mean it will prevent writing a Intel only Os on a AMD chip, it will write it.
Writing an Intel Only Os to an AMD chip causes no known issues other then the Os can't write to flash, thus it can't save Parameters.

That list is erroneous and incomplete.