Cross reference PCM pin-outs to Tunerpro Xdf files

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
mysticpete
cars: 1980 corvette with 2004 LS1 statesman transmission; Nissan Pathfinder

Cross reference PCM pin-outs to Tunerpro Xdf files

Post by mysticpete »

Hi All

I'm looking to add another VSS output to pin 49 on my 411 ECU but I can't work out how to decode the Bin/xdf file to relate to the actual pin (49) on the ecu, can anyone offer some advice on this?

Thanks in advance
Pete
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Cross reference PCM pin-outs to Tunerpro Xdf files

Post by antus »

the xdf defines where calibration items are. pins outputs are in the code, you need very good understanding of the code the processor is running and the hardware platform. you wont get this from an xdf. you need the level of experience of a commercial embedded system developer. its not impossible, but its a steep learning curve and a long way down the other end of the scale from trivial.

To give you a direction if you want to learn - You would need to find a reverse engineering tool like ida pro, load the bin in, then you'd need to identify where the vss is in ram (maybe by analysing the obd2 pid code that outputs vss), then you'd need to identify the code that drives similar pins to the one you want to change. take any code out if it clashes with what you want or change it to do what you want. Then flash the patched OS in.

Probably start with dissassembly of other operating systems on the 68k processor, specifically the 0411 and see if you can understand the code to start with, and if not start reading and see how far you get. Once you have an idea what your up against and if you want to proceed but get stuck, hit us with questions and we'll answer what we can.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396