V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre,

Are you aware that "other" software you use to pull bin's with doesn't include the Parameter Blocks (0x4000 - 7FFF).

Been bugging me why I haven't been able to search and find certain things, I finally browsed the "2000 Grand Am GT LA1 12201465.bin" and lo and behold the parameter blocks are F'd out.

Bum deal, the neat stuff is in the parameter blocks.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

yeah they got threaten by hptuners and a few other companies back before he sold the rights to big name company so he removed the Parameter write ability so pcms wouldnt clone identically bypassing a certain companies credit licensing BS.

software stopped being sold in 2007 i believe but he still updates it for newer cars cause hes a cool dude.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That would be one of them dream cases ... Unless he was miss using their stuff they haven't got a case, yea he may have to pay defense up front but they will pay in the end, Attorneys will typically pick those type of cases up pro bono, they'll get their money from the plaintiff.

Could be considered an Investment!

Besides, downloading (reading) them is not the same as uploading (writing) which is where it could be used to get around licensing ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

yeah i asked him about it, he didnt want the hassle it was a side project for him so no biggy. He makes money of the definition files and the tuning software side not the read/write software side.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

here you go some parameterblock data for you

Id like to know what goes in parameter block myself. pretty sure its where heads up display and other info for communication is stored.

if you use a granprix file headsup display and drivers info modules work but some cluster stuff doesnt.
with grand am file no heads up display or drivers info module function but full dash gauges
in grand am all gauge data is sent class 2 grand prix each gauge has a wire from pcm but heads up and drivers info module are class 2
Attachments
mygrandampcm.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

I keep reading about unlock short pin when and why do i use it
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:I keep reading about unlock short pin when and why do i use it
It's used to bypass the lock if you don't know the seed/key.

Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

i keep reading its for unbricking pcms but yet dont see how
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

It allows for recovery of units that the seed/key is damaged on ... or Soft bricks.

Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Vampyre wrote:i keep reading its for unbricking pcms but yet dont see how
PeteS has more information about it, but it seems to run the unit in a recovery mode, part of the boot code which allows full reflash :thumbup:

It seems so long as the boot sector is in take, these PCMs appear to be recoverable.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726