V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Gampy »

The biggest problem is the Tools packet size ... C kernels are too big to fit in one packet on most tools, even squeezed down hard.

Don't get me wrong, it's doable, as I proved on the P04, however in my opinion not for general public use ...

Antus and I have been chatting about creating a micro ASM mode 36 kernel, that is capable of receiving multi-part uploads to get a larger C kernel on board.

I started on this and have a tiny ~500 bytes kernel, unfortunately I'm not smart enough to get the Mode 36 working yet!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all;

Anyone make any progress here?

Mike
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I ran out of intelligence ... had to set it aside to get a fresh look, later.

Later is here, I have had a great amount of understanding since, I just have not picked it back up yet ... I do plan to do so if no one beats me to it.

One bite at a time!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi Gampy,

Thanks

Mike
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Just reading this thread with a fresh mind I think the first step would be to add a bunch of enums to feature toggle the more advanced parts of the flash process. Then set the pcm detection routine to set them all so that the default flash process is the same as what it is now. But then we can turn off the parts of the flash process we cant fit in the v6 kernel as soon as we detect one. Once pcmhammer is capable of a bare bones flash we can try and get that v6 kernel going.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396