V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:yeah sorry should have been more specific, the service number is usually what we use to identify p04, it changed with every little revision gm did, things like place made or different part used would change the service number so it makes it easier to dentify which you have and what yr its from
So the numbers you have labeled as Hardware Number are actually the Service Number ...

Wow, Confusing ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

they are still hardware numbers just more specific ones, If you search them in gm catalogs they come up as the ecm.

Got a perfect read this morning using a kernel from gampy, and my modded version of hammer. It has an aneurysm doing crc checks since they are different in p04, so ill have to do some crap there. Compared the file to the one that I read with other software and its all good.

Using a version of hammer gampy made the kernel is still to big. In my version I upped the upload size max from 2048, to 4096 since I use an avt and that made the difference in loading it.
Attachments
gampysversionofhammertestingkernelstilltobig.txt
(86.72 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
readperfectlywithmyhackedupversion.txt
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 224 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Bummer, Sorry, I thought the AVT already used 4096 byte packets ...

Cool that it ultimately worked!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

I thought it did to, then I kept having issues loading the hammerv4 read kernel went through the code and all of the devices were set to 2048. so just bumper it up.

No worries, I think its cool you figured out how to do read with out actually being able to test. Mind sending me the files so I can see what you did.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:I think its cool you figured out how to do read with out actually being able to test.
Vampyre,
How do you eat an elephant??

DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote:
Vampyre wrote:I think its cool you figured out how to do read with out actually being able to test.
Vampyre,
LOL! I love that question. "One bite at a time..." Or in Gampy's case, "One Byte at a time!" :lol:

When I was building the home my wife and I live in, my friends would shake their heads and ask me how in the world could I do something like that all by myself (no subcontractors at all on the project). I would ask them the same question you just asked Vampyre...
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

Gampy wrote:
Vampyre,

I like mine Rare :P

I build cars from frame up, so yeah one step at a time, in your case blind folded
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:I like mine Rare :P

I build cars from frame up, so yeah one step at a time, in your case blind folded
Well you definitely got a few rare ones, fortunately in the end one got close enough to burn off the hairy edges ...

David,
We built the house we live in ... We did have friends and family for muscles now and again, and we did have it insulated for I am allergic to formaldehyde, turns me into the Michelin Man.

DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote:David,
We built the house we live in ... We did have friends and family for muscles now and again...
I did the same thing. I had two friends show up to be there to help fill the foundation stem walls with cement (forms I built myself), and later when the 6" fiberbond floor was poured. The concrete company that delivered my reedymix both times talked me into having one of their pump trucks there as well (when they figured out that myself and my friends had zero concrete experience!), and holy cow did it make things go soooo much easier.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

so gampy you working on that write kernel yet