V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:Good to know about default I can remove the case 000000 then from chipids, Ive started program side adding stuff to pcminfo to get program to change stuff up for p04 and the 4cyl pcm (blue/black) and switch between a read and write kernel, also chip type by osid. Its slow going since I am learning C as I go. Big jump from "Hello world" to this.
Ok, so you're talking about getting past the App side chip detection ... your case 00000000 hack would do it.
For educational purposes, IIRC the hack I did to the App side is hardcode the Chip ID and comment out the Verification ... Plus the previously posted App side stuff.
Something like,

Code: Select all

// Which flash chip?
                await this.vehicle.SendToolPresentNotification();
-                UInt32 chipId = await this.vehicle.QueryFlashChipId(cancellationToken);
+                UInt32 chipId = 0x00894471;
                FlashChip flashChip = FlashChip.Create(chipId, this.logger);
                logger.AddUserMessage("Flash chip: " + flashChip.ToString());

Code: Select all

+/*
                logger.AddUserMessage("Starting verification...");

CKernelVerifier verifier = new CKernelVerifier(
                    image,
                    flashChip.MemoryRanges,
                    this.vehicle,
                    this.protocol,
                    this.logger);

if (await verifier.CompareRanges(
                    image,
                    BlockType.All,
                    cancellationToken))
                {
                    logger.AddUserMessage("The contents of the file match the contents of the PCM.");
                }
                else
                {
                    logger.AddUserMessage("##############################################################################");
                    logger.AddUserMessage("There are errors in the data that was read from the PCM. Do not use this file.");
                    logger.AddUserMessage("##############################################################################");
                }
+*/
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You should create a branch on github and push your work as you go so we can work together on program structure. I think this p04 stuff needs to introduce more structure to the app as its the first significantly different pcm to support.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

i dont have push access

kept getting this

TX: 6C 10 F0 3D 00
RX: 83 00 20
TX: 6C 10 F0 3D 00
RX: 6C F0 10 7F 3D 00 11
Kernel Version: 00000000
kernel uploaded to PCM succesfully. Requesting data

so added this

case 0x00000000:
case 0x00898893: // Intel 2F008B3
case 0x008988C1: // Intel 2F800C3
default:
string manufacturer;
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

thisgithub stuff is hurting my brain, wont let me add folders? should i just zip it all and do pull request?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Vampyre wrote:thisgithub stuff is hurting my brain, wont let me add folders? should i just zip it all and do pull request?
Help us help you, by telling us what you are trying to accomplish, what steps you've tried, and what results you got.

Zip isn't going to help anything.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

thanks nsfw how do I create a branch and upload what ive done for you guys to look over, all the github tutorials i found online use third party software to do it.
can i use visual basic to upload it?

or should i upload things to my github page, wasnt sure if you were cool with that since its your work not mine.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:thanks nsfw how do I create a branch and upload what ive done for you guys to look over, all the github tutorials i found online use third party software to do it.

or should i upload things to my github page, wasnt sure if you were cool with that since its your work not mine.
FYI, Git and Github are two different applications that work together, Git can be used on sites other then GitHub.
But let us not confuse things, PcmHammer uses Git and has it's Git Repository on GitHub.

Git is an application that you need to install locally. GitHub is a Web Application.

Git basics ...

Fork a git repo ... Done from your GitHub account.
Clone that repo local ... Done locally with Git
Check out a new branch ... Done locally with Git
Make your changes ... locally done ...
Commit your changes ... Done locally with Git
Push your changes to your fork on github ... Done locally with Git
Do a pull request ... Done from your GitHub account

Like I said, basics ... There are many things, configurations, ways and tools that can be used.

I have never used it but I think Visual Studio includes Git support, have no clue about it nor do I care to.

I work Git strictly from a Unix prompt.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

appreciate it gampy
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Vampyre wrote:thanks nsfw how do I create a branch and upload what ive done for you guys to look over, all the github tutorials i found online use third party software to do it.

Creating your own fork under your own GitHub page is totally fine. That gives you a completely separate place to do your work, and GitHub will show that it's a fork from the first repo, so there won't be any confusion over what's going on.

Don't worry about about how integrate your stuff with the main repo, you can just focus on getting P04 stuff to work. I'll figure out how to do the integration, and I'll probably want to re-arrange the existing code a little bit first.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

cool thanks nsfw