V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Vampyre »

thank you gampy, you have no idea how hard ive been looking for a simplified answer
EdNobodee
cars: 1972 Buick Skylark 350c 2bbl, 2001 Camaro 3800 Auto, 1990 Chevy Stepside 5.7L Auto, 1980 Honda CB400T Night Hawk ||

Post by EdNobodee »

Just in case anyone was wondering, there is still interest in the v6 P04 pcms. At least from myself and maybe another fella or two. I have read this thread probably half a dozen times since yesterday, just trying to soak it all in and see what progress I can make. I am working with a 2001 Camaro 3.8, svc # 9380717 OSID 9354967 target pcm, bench pcm is svc # 12209624, OSID 12211498 from another 2001 Camaro 3.8 Auto.

I have modified/amended PCH 014 to include my PCM numbers, assigning the correct seed/key algo(#14) allowing unlock and VIN change. My next step is to mangle a read kernel and see what happens. I will report progress as it comes.

Thanks to all that have contributed here.

Ed
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Hi Ed, keep an eye on the develop branch, there has been recent activity there (thanks gampy), one was a couple of feature toggles to turn off checksums and kernel version which will make it easier to send in a really small p04 kernel without those features. If you want to fork develop in to your own repo/branch and put your changes there and send us a pull request or two please do. we'll accept the pieces your talking about as stepping stones towards p04 support. i still have two p04 pcms on my desk.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
EdNobodee
cars: 1972 Buick Skylark 350c 2bbl, 2001 Camaro 3800 Auto, 1990 Chevy Stepside 5.7L Auto, 1980 Honda CB400T Night Hawk ||

Post by EdNobodee »

Oh I haven't made any great strides in the code, just a little fudge to add my OSID to Pcminfo.cs since algo 40(default) does not work on my particular v6 pcms, it does however work on the P01's I have used it on.

Code: Select all

case 12211498://OSID not currently on "the list"
                    this.KeyAlgorithm = 14;
                    this.Description = "01 F-Body";
                    this.ImageBaseAddress = 0x0;
                    this.ImageSize = 512 * 1024;
                    break;
Here is my little tidbit in case you or Gampy or whomever can make use of it immediately. I will look in to a pull or fork of my own soon. The toggles sound like a viable way to shed some weight. I look forward to further v6 development. I have 3 P04's currently, the two aforementioned v6 P04 units plus one from a 2000 Olds Cutlass 3100 9380717 along with several v8 '411 P01's if there is any specific testing you need an extra hand with.

Ed
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I have not given up on the P04, E54 or any other PCM/ECU. I personally would like to see PcmHammer work with them all!

Unfortunately my skills limit the reality of my desires at this point in time ...
EdNobodee wrote:

Code: Select all

case 12211498:
Just this one line should be added to the case statement for the V6, I'd say about line 680 ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

Ive been so busy trying to get my car and house back in order I havnt done anything. Glad to see a few ppl still keeping this going.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Gampy wrote:I have not given up on the P04, E54 or any other PCM/ECU. I personally would like to see PcmHammer work with them all!

I can donate to the project some flash loader that is small enough for single upload, and than you can upload whatever you like to pcm in multiple pieces.
If there is still interest in the project.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Cool. But I think the trickyness with the p04 is the segments dont line with segments on the chip properly, so from talking to the lsdroid author its needed to read the overlap data in, do the erase, then write back the block that was erased, not just the segment. doable, but different from how it works now and a bit harder than just adding some more like for like code to the app. I think we have the kernel under control, and gampy has added the ability in develop to turn some steps of the write off so that we can use a smaller kernel. Its also likely that the smaller interfaces like the scantool ones wont be supported because of their size limitations, but the exact limits remain to be seen.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Here is the flash loader. It is an avt script file. To use it with avt edit the key value to your pcm.

Once loaded it can take uploads in any size and place other than some very small ram area used for communication buffer.

Enjoy using it with pcmhammer.
Attachments
v6_LOAD_v4_2_[74].rar
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you!

No AVT here so what part of that is the actual kernel bits and bytes ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!