V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by kur4o »

You can open the script file in text editor. The last big message is what you need. It have some extra bytes, byte counts, the header bytes and checksum but you will figure it out.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I think you give me more credit then I deserve ... I am not the Opcode wizard you are! :cry:

However, I did come up with 1240 (4D8) bytes I believe to be it.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

That is really not good. ACtually it is $4e4 bytes with header and checksum. How much is the buffer of the tool you are using. And how much is the total that will work.

There isn`t any left for cutting unless some functionaly is lost.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

4e4 is 1253 bytes, plus header is 12.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Header and checksum are $C bytes, correct ??

Thus, $4E4 - $C = $4D8 byte payload.

What functionality does it have other then receive, checksum, write, execute at address.

Less then $400 bytes is my goal ... May be an impossible goal.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Send short message can be cut, but there will be no conformation on the status of the recieved messages. You will be uploading blind and hope it works in the end.
There is block checksum that can be cut and it won`t refuse any bad messages.

I will look what else can be cut, but it will definitely cripple it someway.

The workaround will be upload crippled version, than upload good full version than upload whatever you like.

I think $400 is the maximum threshold for something usable.
ghostronix
cars: '92 C1500 Pickup, TBI 305/5.0L
'01 Grand Prix GTP, Series II 3800 SC, L67
'02 Silverado, SCLB 4x4, 5.3L Gen III LM7
'07 Grand Prix GT, Series III 3800 SC, L32

Post by ghostronix »

oi m80's, FNG here. NGL, a good chunk of the last 23 pages has been far, far, far, over my head. but yall are doing amazing work that i'd like to help support with my limited abilities/resources.

but, has any one started playing with the Class 2 Serial-era Delphi P05 PCM's as used by the 2004-2007 Series III SC3800 in North 'Murica?
For shiggles, i hammered "Read Properties" on my 07 Grand Prix. Wiring systems are still pure Class 2, Tech2Win comms only over DLC Pin 2. Screenshots of results below, both Tech2Win and PCM Hammer 015 going through the VXDIAG tool.
Screenshot (105).png
Was able to pull OSID, fail at HWID.

interestingly, Tech2Win shows 3 rows of 8-digit CalID numbers on this PCM, along with 3 rows of 8-digit "Verification No." that seem to be hex values.
Screenshot (99).png
Top CalID line matches "Read Properties" OSID line, #12610181. Where it gets weird, middle CalID row matches up until the 8th-digit, '0616 on Tech2 vs '0610 on PCM Hammer 015. Any insight as to what the 3 CalID rows represent? On a 2001 L67 P04, Tech2Win shows me only one CalID.

in the next few days i'll gather Delphi barcode label pics of the P04 and 2x P05's i've got on hand. i also have diagram/pinout/service info/description & operation access for 2001 Pont W L36/L67, and 2007 Pont W L26/L32 3.8L if any of that is of interest, like PCM pinouts.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thanks for the info. I dont think there is any development work for P04s at the moment. They are earlier than the P01 and P59 which we do support which is why reading the info sort of works. If you want to read and write those PCMs you can use lsdroid on android with a BT interface it supports (such as the obd xpro). We did have a base kernel running on the PCM, but the limitations of the hardware mean that we need to either create a micro kernel that can load a larger payload and then jump to it in ram, so that we can get the same feature set as the other PCMs running, or we need to make some of the stages of the flash process optional in pcmhammer, and the put the squeeze on the kernel and see if we can make it small enough to send it one packet. Then we would also not be able to support the smaller interfaces on the P04 as they wouldnt be able to load the kernel. If you want to try to develop either of these approaches we'd be happy to bring you up to speed, test and help. The hardest part of the problem is you cant load chunks of the kernel then tell it to run on the last packet, you can only load a single chunk and it executes straight away so it needs to be self contained.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ghostronix
cars: '92 C1500 Pickup, TBI 305/5.0L
'01 Grand Prix GTP, Series II 3800 SC, L67
'02 Silverado, SCLB 4x4, 5.3L Gen III LM7
'07 Grand Prix GT, Series III 3800 SC, L32

Post by ghostronix »

yeah the P04's look to be more trouble than they're worth, and several good options already exist.
the same cannot be said for the 3.8L P05's, DHP only supports 04-05 OS, and HPT is unfortunately the only other game in town for 04-07 L32, barely.

specifically curious about the later style P05's though, 2004-2007 SC3800, 1M bin size. a 2007 P05 is what i tried hammering. i'd suspect they're more similar to the E37/E38 and E67 family of modules in the Gen IV LS world.

The L32 was basically an L67 [3.8L Ecotec branding in Holdens i believe] that was changed to drive-by-wire TB, returnless 4bar fuel sys with no vac/boost ref, and independent 2bar MAP and BARO sensors. same basic longblock and ignition system. generator also went to PCM controlled "Regulated Voltage Control" Bosch PWM 2-pin system in 05+.

P05 pulled from a 2004 L32 application for reference
P05.jpg
P05 label.jpg
07 PCM PINOUT.png
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Would it help to make the read kernel just start sending data as soon as it starts running?

That way it wouldn't need much code to parse messages from the app - it would just start sending data right away, and the app would either ack or reject each chunk of data.

A write kernel could work the same way - just ask the PCM for data, one range at a time. But if anything goes wrong, recovery could be hard.

If I remember right, Pete told me that LS Droid's kernels work that way. Or, they did in the early days.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!