HELP!!! PCM cooked?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

Re: HELP!!! PCM cooked?

Post by NSFW »

antus wrote:The Mode 20 is actually a return to normal speed message, so its possible that another module did miss a 3F test tool present, switch back to 1x and send the mode 20. The PCM should switch back to 1x, which it does on a reboot, but perhaps we should not reboot the kernel on a mode 20, and instead program the vpw chip recever to 1x where it could wait for another flash attempt from hammerer. It'd mean we need to add something else for reboot pcm, and we'd need to handle the speed change logic in the kernel instead of leaving it to the OS for 1x and 4x.

Of course if the bus was in 1x then this doesnt explain why another module would have sent that message but its food for thought.
Switching back to 1x mode is a good idea. I'm not sure the kernel needs to do anything there, I think it's really the app that would need changes to support that. I mean, I don't think we did anything in the kernel to support the 1x-to-4x switch. Or if we did I've forgotten it and can't find it (entirely possible).

I think we're OK keeping mode 20 for reboots if the kernel only treats it as a reboot if it comes from the app (F0 in the 'from' byte). That way other devices won't trigger reboots.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: HELP!!! PCM cooked?

Post by antus »

Thats a good idea. Yes the speed changes are currently handled by the factory OS before the kernel is uploaded.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396