Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by kur4o »

Another great update.

I run through some of the improvements. The speed is 1 second faster with everything turned off. However I figured exactly what slows down it.

When the log windows gets filled with more and more data, it gets slower and slower to print.

I do some test with it. On a fresh restart with all lists empty I copied to the log window 3mb text file with one of the scans I have saved and it bogs down to 3-5 seconds per file. It might give you a clue what is the issue with it.

The OS swap looks great, what is the logic of the less chance. I only got 100% and less chance.

The os swap window is great for the cross OS compatibility list, we need to add some more columns there named by the segments of the xml, and print the compatibility of each cross. Than you can export the list or save it to text file.

I always forget to ask you. There are some segments and files pre 2000 that don`t p/n in the file. Can we take the pn from file name.
We can have 2 cases
1st is file name is only digits 7 or 8 digit long.
2nd case the p/n is in the file name with _xxxxxxxx_. Lower dash infront and after the pn and again 7 or 8 digit long.
It can also use other logic like _xxxxxxxx.bin or (xxxxxxxxx) or some the other various formats used for adding p/n to the name of the file.

This can be configured in the xml, a checkbox to take p/n from file name, or some special symbol in the p/n field to specify this condition.
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

Now you can log to file instead of display when handling large file library.
Added segment address columns to segment swapper.
May need save to file -function?
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hello, wow you guys are doing great work.

What is the _nbb xml on a couple of them?

I noticed e92a but not e92. Are the e92 files structured the same except for the 5 byte seed/key?

I noticed no t42. Do you need .bin files?

I am definitely not complaining. Just a couple questions from the cheap seats. :) I am buried with work and projects but am following along as best I can and will help what I can too.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

In-Tech wrote:Hello, wow you guys are doing great work.

What is the _nbb xml on a couple of them?

I noticed e92a but not e92. Are the e92 files structured the same except for the 5 byte seed/key?

I noticed no t42. Do you need .bin files?

I am definitely not complaining. Just a couple questions from the cheap seats. :) I am buried with work and projects but am following along as best I can and will help what I can too.
nbb=no bootblock.

Some files have ffs where the bootblock is and wrong data is displayed, so just make a separate version.

All e92 files I have open nice with that xml. Don`t have enough to figure any difference in them.

I think I labelled t42 to 05-06-tcm or something. Just open the file and it should be auto identified, to confirm it works with t42 files.

About v10.10
I got invalid path format crash error on checking the log to file. However I managed to unset display info checkbox in the extract segments and the speed improvement was enormous.

Can we make the segment range display switchable with
1, 0, X
1= full match size and address range
0= match size only
X=no match

And disable OS swap with less than 100% match. Others can be listed for display only for cross compatibility.

I also got once some crash 12 index error when selected one of segments drop down menu. The error popped out on every segment print, than disappeared.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Can we add a checkbox to include subfolders on file info and extract segments.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:Can we add a checkbox to include subfolders on file info and extract segments.
Added in 0.10.11
kur4o wrote:
About v10.10
I got invalid path format crash error on checking the log to file. However I managed to unset display info checkbox in the extract segments and the speed improvement was enormous.

Can we make the segment range display switchable with
1, 0, X
1= full match size and address range
0= match size only
X=no match

And disable OS swap with less than 100% match. Others can be listed for display only for cross compatibility.

I also got once some crash 12 index error when selected one of segments drop down menu. The error popped out on every segment print, than disappeared.
Fixed logfile creation.
I am not sure if I understand correctly this "range display switchable". Please test and comment.

kur4o wrote: I always forget to ask you. There are some segments and files pre 2000 that don`t p/n in the file. Can we take the pn from file name.
We can have 2 cases
1st is file name is only digits 7 or 8 digit long.
2nd case the p/n is in the file name with _xxxxxxxx_. Lower dash infront and after the pn and again 7 or 8 digit long.
It can also use other logic like _xxxxxxxx.bin or (xxxxxxxxx) or some the other various formats used for adding p/n to the name of the file.

This can be configured in the xml, a checkbox to take p/n from file name, or some special symbol in the p/n field to specify this condition.
You can now specify PN like this:
filename:8
So, if filename contains 8 digit number, its used as P/N. If it contains multiple numbers, last one is used.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Save to CSV from segment swap.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Thanks for the speed improvement. Now time is cut from hours to seconds. Blazing fast.

There is some tab[ log debug and so on] flickering and random disappearing when the file info is ripped.

I did a quick check for the filename:8 and as usual worked right on. I will do more testing with complex file names.
Can we expand the filename:x to range for example filename :8-6 First check for 8 digit name, than for 7 digit and third for 6 digit.

I tried to put 2@:2:hex in the Segment version address, but it seems it is not supported.

I also found one instance that display only checksum is not only display but taken from somewhere and compared. It was set as #:4:hex. Most of the times it works as expected but this time it actually read a stored checksum from somewhere and compare it.
Not sure what cause it.

I found some bug with eeprom data extraction. It is not done correctly, especially on the p01-p59 eeprom data if the p01-p59 eeprom checkbox is checked. All the files are empty. On the other types of files, only the range that is found as valid eeprom data is saved. For example on 4000-5fff,6000-7fff only the part that is identified as valid is saved as eeprom data. And since it is less size than needed it didn`t work for segment swapping.

I also found that in the OS compatibility chart if there is no valid eeprom data for the file the OS is set as less chance even though it is exact match. It might be good to exclude eeprom data from the comparison or add a checkbox how to handle it.

About the segment swap window display.

Can we make a checkbox that instead of range in segment column we display compatibility symbols.
SO instead of 8000-1ffde range in the engine column we put 1, 0 or X
1 will mean range and size match
0 will mean size only match
X will mean no match

Maybe add a checkbox to hide duplicates that have the same cvn or checksum only
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

There is some bug in 10.12 that is not present in 10.11

In 10.12 the program just hangs and become unresponsive, when you do a file info rip on multiple files.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Under certain circumstances where the display checksum is set as #:4:hex, it will read a checksum 1 byte before the range start.
The issue is visible only when the checksum range is not at the start of the segment.
When chksum range equals with segment range, it is working as expected.