Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by joukoy »

kostia111 wrote:something broke
Look here please
Can you explain, step by step, what you did to get this?

When you uncheck "autodetect config", you should manually select config file for your bin -file. Or cancel, if you handle file without config...
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

It looks like the program is searching for xml named .xml.xml for some reason

Can you check debug and see what you get there. Might be autoconfig with some bad data. Or corrupted autoconfig.

Edit:

I managed to duplicate the issue. When you click on autodetect[and cancel the dialog] and don`t select a valid xml it will act like that.
malets84

Post by malets84 »

Hello! I have the same problem.I need to create my own XML files for my work.
I open the program,remove the autodetect flag.I create my own XML file, save it.I specify my XML file,the program writes "successfully loaded".I select the file I need, upload it,and only the file name is displayed on the screen.I load the file a second time-writes that the file xml.xml not found.The third time xml.xml.xml.-not found and so on.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

malets84 wrote:Hello! I have the same problem.I need to create my own XML files for my work.
I open the program,remove the autodetect flag.I create my own XML file, save it.I specify my XML file,the program writes "successfully loaded".I select the file I need, upload it,and only the file name is displayed on the screen.I load the file a second time-writes that the file xml.xml not found.The third time xml.xml.xml.-not found and so on.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely some bug was introduced at some point.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Fixed bug which allows saving empty filename, resulting filename ".xml"

malets84 wrote:Hello! I have the same problem.I need to create my own XML files for my work.
If you get this problem again, can you send your XML file by PM or email.
If possible, bin-file too, it helps debugging.
malets84

Post by malets84 »

Thanks for the quick fix, but it doesn't work.Problem with "xml.xml.xml" missing, but the screen does not display any information about the file(segment size,checksums, and so on).Only the name of my file that I uploaded is displayed.You can take any bin file, create xml for it, and most likely see it on the screen, the same as I did.On earlier versions(0.12.37.0 for example), I can do this.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

15.94 version lets you choose an xml manually then load a bin for that xml and it works.. 16.16 and up are failing.. It's like it's not actually loading the xml?

Start the program, uncheck Autodetect config and it opens up a popup to choose your xml, select any xml and the older version then shows that xml at the top of the screen and works normally, 16.16 and up if you do the same thing after selecting the xml file it just shows (v 1) or (v3) at the top of the screen.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

ironduke wrote:15.94 version lets you choose an xml manually then load a bin for that xml and it works.. 16.16 and up are failing.. It's like it's not actually loading the xml?

Start the program, uncheck Autodetect config and it opens up a popup to choose your xml, select any xml and the older version then shows that xml at the top of the screen and works normally, 16.16 and up if you do the same thing after selecting the xml file it just shows (v 1) or (v3) at the top of the screen.
0.16.26 fixes this.

There was quite massive modifications when I made possible to load multiple different files to tuner at same time, this is complications.
malets84

Post by malets84 »

Thank you very much!Everything worked.There is still a wish.When working, I need to display some data in HEX.When creating XML in the "Extra info" item, if you select HEX values longer than 4 bytes, only 4 bytes will be displayed,and I need more.If you select text, any number of characters is displayed.If you fix it, I will be grateful.
Attachments
Безымянный.png
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

malets84 wrote:Thank you very much!Everything worked.There is still a wish.When working, I need to display some data in HEX.When creating XML in the "Extra info" item, if you select HEX values longer than 4 bytes, only 4 bytes will be displayed,and I need more.If you select text, any number of characters is displayed.If you fix it, I will be grateful.
Fixed in 0.16.27

Edit:
Why not use tuner?